Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 07:37 AM

Re: Opininons

Maybe its good, to learn about yourself, via other folks?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 07:38 AM

P.S, don't matter if the input is fact or fake.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

30-10-2019, 07:40 AM

BTW, P.S is not Psmith, we don't want any misunderstandings
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

30-10-2019, 08:00 AM

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 08:03 AM

I avoid cruelty threads about child or animal abuse....well if the title sounds like the discussion is going to be about that I ignore the thread completely ....

I'm like you Tiffany I share my view if I think I have something to add... mostly ignored but hey ho it keeps me out of trouble
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I do agree with Keezoy on one point.... the pessimism.
I am getting weary of reading that the world is going to blow up, the immigrants are going to take over this country, there’s going to be no food and we’re all going to starve plus other pessimistic threads about the government, the weather... so much doom and gloom.

Keezoy, There is one thing l always feel bad about and that is, l didn’t say, ‘Happy Birthday’ to you on your birthday thread. It wasn’t because l didn’t want to, it was because l hadn’t logged in during that time. By the time, l was back posting your birthday thread was down the page and far away.
Unfortunately Art, if you use a discussion forum you will hear opinions that you don't like, but that shouldn't stop people saying what they believe!
When you hear of so many stabbings, food shortages, dramatic climate change & enormous numbers of illegal immigrants ( which are often in the news), people always want to hear ideas on how it can be stopped & many of us believe that it may be too late.

It may be gloomy but wouldn't we all appear to be stupid if we chose to ignore the possibilities until they happen, instead of discussing options on how to maybe reduce them?
We are all going to die one day, but should that stop us trying to prevent it happening too soon, by discussing ideas that may help?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Unfortunately Art, if you use a discussion forum you will hear opinions that you don't like, but that shouldn't stop people saying what they believe!
When you hear of so many stabbings, food shortages, dramatic climate change & enormous numbers of illegal immigrants ( which are often in the news), people always want to hear ideas on how it can be stopped & many of us believe that it may be too late.

It may be gloomy but wouldn't we all appear to be stupid if we chose to ignore the possibilities until they happen, instead of discussing options on how to maybe reduce them?
We are all going to die one day, but should that stop us trying to prevent it happening too soon, by discussing ideas that may help?
Well that's an optimistic statement I think. And I agree totally.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 08:17 AM

It’s not always possible to be optimistic ,happy and positive .
The last thing that someone wants if they are not feeling the above is to be made to feel bad about it .

It’s only by highlighting things are wrong ie animal cruelty that these things can be changed .

Differing opinions lead to discussion if we all agreed it would be a pretty boring forum .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 08:28 AM

I see Keezoy has mentioned friends list so I have just looked at mine .
I can’t to be honest remember how I acquired so many friends probably because I didn’t wish to seem unfriendly some don’t even post here any more

But the truth is I know who are my friends on here without needing a list .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 08:35 AM

For many years we lived with the prediction that the Russians were going to start a nuclear war and we were all going to die. People even started preparing for this, stockpiling tins of food, converting cloakrooms or even building bunkers in their gardens.

I used to really worry about this, l mean when you are told things like that, you believe it’s going to happen...but it never did.

People assume it’s all going to happen, even convince themselves it’s going to happen. No one can see into the future and by predicting heresy doom and gloom, it’s scaremongering.

I learned years ago, never to worry about things, until they happen.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top