Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:06 PM

Ink cartridges

I don't use my printer often but even then I notice that the ink cartridges start to run out virtually a few days later with the 'ink low' lights starting to flash all the time.
What's worse is that if the black ink one is replaced the colour one all of a sudden runs out also, even if it has hardly been used.

I currently use Canon ink jet cartridges (PG-510, CL-511) and they cost around £33 for a twin-pack.

Are there any more cost-effective ink cartridges that last longer, or perhaps it's best to change my printer brand to one whose inks are better value for money?

Does your printer have these issues?
If you don't have a printer please don't reply as that would be pointless, thanks
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:25 PM

Re: Ink cartridges

You need to have patience Floydy.... I’ve only just read your post as there were others before you

I do in fact have a Canon printer and I am, at present, waiting for a pack inks to be delivered. I order mine from Choice Stationary and I buy their compatible ink jet cartridges ..... my black and colour came to £23.59 after a 10% discount.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Please ignore me. I'm very bored today
Its this crappy weather Floydy?
Perhaps we should start a thread about it??

Regards Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You need to have patience Floydy.... I’ve only just read your post as there were others before you

I do in fact have a Canon printer and I am, at present, waiting for a pack inks to be delivered. I order mine from Choice Stationary and I buy there compatible ink jet cartridges ..... my black and colour came to £23.59 after a 10% discount.
Mags, I'm joking

Are they any good and do they last longer than the official ones, Mags?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Mags, I'm joking

Are they any good and do they last longer than the official ones, Mags?
No, they are not as good as Canon’s and they don’t last as long. It suits me though as I don’t do a lot of printing.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-11-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No, they are not as good as Canon’s and they don’t last as long. It suits me though as I don’t do a lot of printing.
Oh right. I'll keep looking around then
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:40 PM

I do a lot of printing .....

I pay £9.98 (free P&P) for a complete set of "compatible" XL cartridges for my Epson printer - the "genuine" Epson price is £38.68 (plus P&P) .....

I pay £11.97 (free P&P) for a complete set of "compatible" XL cartridges for my HP printer - the "genuine" HP price is £53.93 (plus P&P) .....

I have paid full price for cartridges since 2003 .....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I do a lot of printing .....

I pay £9.98 (free P&P) for a complete set of "compatible" XL cartridges for my Epson printer - the "genuine" Epson price is £38.68 (plus P&P) .....

I pay £11.97 (free P&P) for a complete set of "compatible" XL cartridges for my HP printer - the "genuine" HP price is £53.93 (plus P&P) .....

I have paid full price for cartridges since 2003 .....
Hi Omah, you omitted to tell Floydy where you get them?
Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 02:06 PM

I don't use ink cartridges. We have a laser printer and the toner cartridges cost around £70 each for black and each of the three colours.

They do last for many thousands of pages, though.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-11-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Hi Omah, you omitted to tell Floydy where you get them?
Donkeyman!
It would help

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top