Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 12:46 AM

Re: Random acts of kindness!

Twink, What a wonderful gesture from a stranger. I bet it made your day and you will remember that kind lady every time you look at your Poinsettia.

Recently, l was in Waitrose looking for Denham bacon that Waitrose had sent me a money off voucher.

I searched but l couldn’t find it. I asked a man who was stacking some meat products nearby and he came to help look for it. He found it but there was no price ticket for it on display.

He said, he would go to find out the price of it and put a sticker with the price on it. He came back and gave me the bacon, l thanked him and put it in my trolley.

When l got towards the tills l noticed the sticker he had put on said, ‘With compliments, no charge’.

I felt really bad that l hadn’t noticed it when he handed the bacon to me as l would have been more enthusiastic with my Thanks!

I went to look for him and found him. I said, l was sorry if l hadn’t acknowledged his kindness more, as l thought he had only priced the item.

He said, he was the manager and the item ticket should have been displayed and if l hadn’t brought his attention to it, they wouldn’t have known.
Alise
New Member!
United Kingdom
Alise is female 

16-11-2019, 03:05 AM

Oh I do like these kinds of stories. One day many moons ago, a lovely gent stepped forward and paid for my Sunday paper when he saw me rummaging in my bag for change at the local garage (I did have the money but suspect I was keeping him from his Sunday morning fry-up, or snuggle, or whatever ...) I always remembered that and thought he was so kind ... so just yesterday I gave a lady some money for the parking meter when she was taking her child to the doctor and didn't have enough change. Have to admit, it felt good.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 04:41 AM

Giving always feel better than receiving everyone knows that.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 05:35 AM

Twink, that's just lovely! I am sure it made both of you feel wonderful.

Once in a blue moon I like to step in to help someone out. Recently it was a young father who came into the veterinary hospital with two young children and a mangy looking dog he had rescued from the street. When he asked how much it was going to be for an exam and vaccines, I saw him wince. Once he was back in the exam room, I anonymously paid the bill. Good dad, good citizen, good dog, and it made me feel good to do it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Once in a blue moon I like to step in to help someone out. Recently it was a young father who came into the veterinary hospital with two young children and a mangy looking dog he had rescued from the street. When he asked how much it was going to be for an exam and vaccines, I saw him wince. Once he was back in the exam room, I anonymously paid the bill. Good dad, good citizen, good dog, and it made me feel good to do it.
Hi

How lovely Surfermom.

It is things like this which make the World go Round.

I am not chucking Money about at the moment.

I am paying Guys Medical Bills.

He will be home soon and I can be nicer.

I had a situation where an employee in a Supermarket was subject to serious abuse.

A lady of Colour

I intervened and was told to F Off.

Not the wisest decision the prat had ever made.

I reported the issue to the Company involved, just in case she had a complaint against her.

The staff involved got a bouquet of Flowers.

Lovely Stuff.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 11:12 AM

Thanks to everybody for your posts. Your replies have really made me happy as.........
..Apart from the lovely lady that gave me a plant the rest of yesterday wasn't great because I spent most of it trying to get a package from Germany delivered. I spent till 4pm phoning & e mailing to make sure I didn't have to drive 15 miles to collect it from the Yodel distribution centre, as it was far too heavy for me to lift.
They said their driver could not find my house so, as I receive these parcels every 2 weeks, I asked why all the other drivers had no difficulty finding me & why they had not given me the 2 hour time slot when it would be delivered, as they normally did. I would have been home when he tried to phone, if they had!

I phoned the company who supplied the contents of the package & told them, if they couldn't make sure my goods were delivered today, they could refund the cost of the purchase & remove my name from their customer list.

At 8.44 this morning, one of the men, who usually deliver here, arrived with my parcel and brought it into the house for me. The company, who sent the goods, also sent an e mail confirming that my next order would be reduced by £5.

I am sure the random act of kindness & your comments helped me deal with this problem without losing my temper!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

And good on you Surfermom
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 03:13 PM

Has anyone read recently about the couple who lost their baby as she was stillborn.

The little girl Willow would be three this year and on every birthday, the parents leave flowers or chocolates at a bus stop, a bench or car. They do it in memory of Willow and as a nice surprise present for whoever finds them.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 03:28 PM

I am a regular public bus user and anyone that is a regular bus user will know that many times when the price of tickets increase it is not made clear to the public that prices have increased. On my bus route to work it passes 3 schools and a few school children use it everyday. The regular users of the bus know when the prices increase and so do the parents of the school children who regularly use the bus but you always get the odd one or two children who never use the bus but have done on this occasion and they never have the correct money, always being short BUT my town's bus drivers do not let the children on and i have seen them walk off the bus, head lowered. My act of kindness is that when i ever i see this happen, i go up to the bus driver and say i will pay whatever the amount the child is missing. It's always just a few pence, 30p, 50p, nothing substantial. I do not have children of my own but i have young nieces and nephews and would hate see them turned away because they did not have enough bus fare.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I was reduced to tears in Waitrose this morning.... but happy tears.

At the checkout the lady in front of me, who I had exchanged a very brief conversation with, bought a beautiful Poinsettia plant & paid for it. Before she left the shop she said to me " This plant is for you, to thank you for your friendly smile"
I was so surprised that I managed to say thank you & she then left the shop.

Everybody around us was saying " What a beautiful thing to do. We should do things like that more often"
I had to quickly find a tissue for my tears, so to follow her example I put £5 in a Cancer research box that a lady in the store was using to raise funds.

Perhaps some of you would like to continue a chain by doing a random act of kindness yourselves. It is a lovely experience, being on the receiving end.... and it doesn't even have to involve money!
You'll remember that forever, being spontaneous can make wonderful things happen.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top