Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 08:10 PM

Re: Brexit Party Contraction?

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The problem is the budget has gone up.

You pay more no matter what happens now - you don't have a choice. It's one of the reasons we are leaving.

Poland benefits the most. Netherlands, not. There are only about 6 net contributors left anyway, there is no magic EU money tree, especially since Germanys manufacturing is going legs up.
It's only in 2020 the multiannual financial framework 2021-2027 (MFF) will be determined. During 2020 the UK will be paying the amount in committed to for the MFF 2014-2020. The MFF 2021-2027 will be adapted for the absence of UK. So do not worry about the remaining members. We won't miss you. Bye.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It's only in 2020 the multiannual financial framework 2021-2027 (MFF) will be determined. During 2020 the UK will be paying the amount in committed to for the MFF 2014-2020. The MFF 2021-2027 will be adapted for the absence of UK. So do not worry about the remaining members. We won't miss you. Bye.

Your budget is going up ... we are leaving and we are your 2nd biggest net contributor.

The EU is already caving in .... bye !

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...-latest-update
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I wonder how long your country will feel such loyalty to the EU? Only last week I read that the EU was stating that it is only fair that more funding should be given to the EU from certain richer member states such as Germany and the Netherlands!!

Regardless of how we obtain Brexit, it will be done, and once we are out, the EU will be looking at ways to fill the coffers that this cash cow once help fill. I don't envy you because all eyes are already looking your way!

I hope you're right, SG.

That we will leave the EU, that is, because it is by no means certain now.

I'm not wishing anything bad to the Cloggies, though: we have a good friend in the NL. I think they, and other EU regions, will realise soon enough that they, too, are better out.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Your budget is going up ... we are leaving and we are your 2nd biggest net contributor.

The EU is already caving in .... bye !

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...-latest-update
Pity the express missed out on the news the financial times brought three days ago. The EU is extending the permit for another year. You have to wait another year for that cave...
https://www.ft.com/content/023dc494-...a-d9e2401fa7ca

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top