Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 02:27 PM

Women are best

Women are better drivers than men. It's official.

Now I know you chaps might not agree, but the figures show that women are FOUR times less likely to go to court, and half as likely to make an insurance claim.

Figures show 539,000 drivers were in court last year - and 79% of them were MEN. Also, 25% of these men were caught speeding.

Men were also FIVE times more likely to be done for drink driving and three times more likely to be driving without insurance.

Also, in a survey 20% of men admitted skipping red lights, compared with 15% of women.

But . . women were more likely to eat at the wheel and 14% had driven barefoot.

The survey was carried out by Confused.com and the motoring editor there said: "The debate about who are better drivers has been impossible to settle until now. There can be confusion about men paying higher car insurance prices, but if you go by the data, women are the safer drivers, which means cheaper insurance costs."

So there you are fellas. Like it or lump it. Us ladies are best.

MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 02:38 PM

Re: Women are best

We have always known this haven't we Mups? It's good to have it confirmed though!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 02:44 PM

I do love these 'jokey' threads.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 02:53 PM

Nothing like a good fairy story on a Sunday
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Nothing like a good fairy story on a Sunday
Great isn't it basser.

ooops..... I can hear Mups coming...
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:07 PM

There's nothing like having a chuckle at those who come to conclusions from a somewhat curious data set.

Did you know, for example, that a child who is averagely good at maths at the the age of 10 has a statistically very high chance of attaining a grade A in Urdu at GCSE? Or, at least this was the case about 20 years ago when I was using a bit of underhand regression analysis on my performance management form to convince the powers that be that I did indeed deserve my annual increment.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

women are FOUR times less likely to go to court
half as likely to make an insurance claim.

Your assertion or that of the article is an extremely curious one.

Imagine that racing cars became part of the Olympic Games.

What you're suggesting is that we should select the "best driver" by looking at the number of times they've been to court or had insurance claims ! Rather than actually look at whether they can handle a car.

I submit that the information posted doesn't in any sense identify which sex are the "best drivers" but rather highlights which are the more conforming drivers and the safer drivers.

Regardless the fact remains that 90% of the instances where there is an undesirable event whist I am driving, the cause is a female driver. Either driving too slow, not positioning the car correctly in the lane, not positioning the care correctly when waiting to turn right, not being in the right lane on a roundabout, not indicating and generally oblivious to the cars and other people around them.

Sure, there are tons of men driving at speed, racing with each other, tail gating and so on but let's be brutally honest, they very much CAN handle a car and are very aware of who and what is around them.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Now I know you chaps might not agree, but the figures show that women are FOUR times less likely to go to court, and half as likely to make an insurance claim.

Figures show 539,000 drivers were in court last year - and 79% of them were MEN. Also, 25% of these men were caught speeding.

Men were also FIVE times more likely to be done for drink driving and three times more likely to be driving without insurance.

Also, in a survey 20% of men admitted skipping red lights, compared with 15% of women.

But . . women were more likely to eat at the wheel and 14% had driven barefoot.

The survey was carried out by Confused.com and the motoring editor there said: "The debate about who are better drivers has been impossible to settle until now. There can be confusion about men paying higher car insurance prices, but if you go by the data, women are the safer drivers, which means cheaper insurance costs."

So there you are fellas. Like it or lump it. Us ladies are best.

Yeh sure as long as you don't have to reverse into a parking spot if they are going into a store it will be shut by the time they get parked
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Regardless the fact remains that 90% of the instances where there is an undesirable event whist I am driving, the cause is a female driver. Either driving too slow, not positioning the car correctly in the lane, not positioning the care correctly when waiting to turn right, not being in the right lane on a roundabout, not indicating and generally oblivious to the cars and other people around them..
Reminds me of the old joke about the woman who never had any accidents, but curiously saw loads of them in her rear view mirror
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:19 PM

That is probably based on the fact that women, as drivers, are less competitive than men so have less claims, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are better drivers though. That information is obtained from statistics. Nobody is saying there are not good women drivers around, the same as men there are also some very poor women drivers.

As an example of statistics, did you know that a divorced person is more of a risk than a married person? I have been single for five times longer than I was married but I declare 'divorced' status on my car insurance. I have 55 years' claim-free (no blame for three accidents when others drove into me) yet I am rated as more of a risk? Not to declare being divorced would maybe jeopardise any claim. Insurance companies are not to be trusted to reject a claim if possible so I always 'cross all the 't's and dot all the 'i's.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top