Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 08:34 AM

Re: Are you a hoarder????

Ahh reading keezoys post has reminded me about a pair of boots i loved . They must have been 3 years old , so comfy, worn regularly, they split slightly at the sides so i sewed them up then when they split again i stapled them inside . In my eyes perfect for extending their life another 6 months , until friend sue came to stay and was horrified when she saw them and binned them before i realised the bin men had been .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
– Snip –

Then we come to the craft room - every type of glue known to man - enough card/paper to last my lifetime - a fine collection of steel dies, four die cutting machines and tools without number. Stencils/paints/glitter/embossing powders/ink pads/acrylic stamps/fabrics/computer/graphic CDs - and on - and on!
Not exactly a hoard - more a useful stash!
I have a daughter who is exactly the same, her craft shed is full to overflowing with all you mention you have. It's her hobby though and is very good for her, she spends hours down there!

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Realspeed, that's more of a hobby than hoarding stuff. It's your pastime and there's nothing wrong with that. I wish I had more hobbies myself!

The people I class as hoarders are those whose homes are littered with newspapers from decades ago or weirdos who collect lolly sticks with jokes on them. Takes all sorts
Couldn't agree more!

I don't exactly hoard but do keep 'things that may be useful later'. When I moved home there was a lot of odds of timber stored in the garage but for the sake of not moving so much it was given away or dumped. On moving into my house, yes you've guessed, that timber would have been very useful. I then found out the very expensive cost of buying new timber!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I have a daughter who is exactly the same, her craft shed is full to overflowing with all you mention you have. It's her hobby though and is very good for her, she spends hours down there!

Couldn't agree more!

I don't exactly hoard but do keep 'things that may be useful later'. When I moved home there was a lot of odds of timber stored in the garage but for the sake of not moving so much it was given away or dumped. On moving into my house, yes you've guessed, that timber would have been very useful. I then found out the very expensive cost of buying new timber!
Timber is my 'thing' too. Always useful and as you say, as soon as you throw it out, you need it. I tend to hoard all sorts of building/DIY things, screws, washers, bolts, plastic and metal things that I have saved but can't remember what they are actually for.

I have three large containers of bits and pieces and often find myself scrabbling around looking for something that will solve a problem.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 02:35 PM

IMO...a hoarder..is someone who fills their home from top to bottom....with crap...it's an illness...I have watched many documentaries on the subject..

I am a minimalist ...being that way,makes life much easier...something I have learnt to be.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top