Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:55 PM

Re: Do Smiling People Have A Hidden Agenda?

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm a smiler and I would say I am a genuine person. However, since my sister died my smile is sometimes painted on because I'm crying inside. I don't like people to know I'm upset. My husband and best friend always know the difference between those smiles. So does my painted smile make me a false person? I hope not.
No it’s doesn’t .
People don’t know what others are feeling inside .
Going around grinning like a Cheshire car doesn’t make someone genuine .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 02:38 PM

I wouldn't know,Art...I do believe that some salesmen can be all over you like a rash..spin you a long yarn to buy something.

I'm tuned into that type...I let them smile and pitch...then I say..no thanks.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 03:47 PM

I don't mind smiley people.
Only when they sneak a forked tongue out from between their lips and lick their eyeballs you have to worry
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Yep, that twinkle is real most times.

I'd rather take a chance on a smiler, than see doom and gloom on the face of another.
Spot on!

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Only when they sneak a forked tongue out from between their lips and lick their eyeballs you have to worry
There are certainly a few of those out in the world, TessA, I believe they belong to the species 'Politicae' !
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 05:31 PM

Smile though you're heart is breaking .... think there is a song in there somewhere ....oh and laugh and the world laughs with you....cry and you cry alone.... good advice I think.

I generally accept folk as they present themselves unless I have learned from a bad experience with them .... happens sometimes.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Heh heh,luv it...I've come across one or two in My time
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Smile though you're heart is breaking .... think there is a song in there somewhere ....oh and laugh and the world laughs with you....cry and you cry alone.... good advice I think.

I generally accept folk as they present themselves unless I have learned from a bad experience with them .... happens sometimes.
Hi

Exactly Summer.

I treat everyone as a Potential Friend.

I look for the goodness in all, always polite at a first meeting and I can be polite to those to annoy me knowing full well I can just avoid them in future.

Life is too short to bear grudges, just avoid those who annoy you.

The nature of my job was that I had to deal with pillocks.

There is a saying in Enforcement that some people are only still alive because it is illegal to kill them.

There have been times in my life that I really wanted to snap someones neck.

If they are not an immediate danger, that cannot happen.

We are better than them.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top