Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 05:24 AM

Re: Let's go back in time..

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
At home, in my bedroom, pretending I didn't exist and studying.
Same for me but not studying very much.
Playing the Sex Pistols at full blast and annoying my sister instead (who is trying to study)
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
You're 15. It's Friday night.

What are you up to?

Me? I'm off down the coffee bar to meet my friends, drink coffee(obviously) play the juke box & flirt with boys...
Such innocent times.
If skint, as was usual due to being apprenticed, walking to the coffee bar in town to buy one coffee and perhaps a treat, if I had the money, a cake. Also to listen to music on the juke box, courtesy of those earning more than myself. I wonder what happened to the juke boxes?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Same for me but not studying very much.
Playing the Sex Pistols at full blast and annoying my sister instead (who is trying to study)
There was me, like many on OFF possibly, thinking you were such a nice chap Floydy.
The truth is finally revealed, you were an annoying brother!
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Off to the youth club to listen to Gene Pitney ..24 hours etc. chat up some gorgeous chicks (Elaine and Linda) those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end.
Memories, 'those were the days' – were these the ones you were possibly thinking of basser?
Such a long time ago but they were good memories for me too, of my earlier life in north London.

basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 08:02 AM

Yep thats the ones Baz46, and many many more from that time,
Thanks for putting them up
Baz46

21-11-2019, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Yep thats the ones Baz46, and many many more from that time,
Thanks for putting them up
The 'good old days' eh basser! You obviously like the music of those days so if you haven't seen this, the thread below has many more to listen to. A session of listening to these certainly invokes so many memories, more for me than I knew I actually had remembered:

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=60373
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 08:17 AM

Listening to Radio Luxembourg!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 08:19 AM

Off out with my first boyfriend, I was 15 he was 17 or playing my records.
Baz46

21-11-2019, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Listening to Radio Luxembourg!
I recall first listening to Radio Luxembourg on a crystal set, the earliest form of receiving radio programmes I believe. Now that was a long time ago!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I recall first listening to Radio Luxembourg on a crystal set, the earliest form of receiving radio programmes I believe. Now that was a long time ago!
Aaah - Radio Luxemburg.

I used to listen to it under the blankets late at night on my Dansette Tranny.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:02 AM

Ah Friday night,bath, dry hair in front of the fire getting ready to go to the late night dancing at Our local Miners Welfare,Dad waiting outside when it finished to take Me Home on His scooter,(and if I complained I wasn't allowed to go)..I was watched like a hawk at that time as there was a serial killer on the loose,and Our wee Town was reeling with horror when caught,We heard He just lived less than a mile from Our house.
Sunday night 'TopTwenty' on 208 radio Luxembourg...fab'

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top