Join for free
Page 145 of 190 « First < 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:30 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I just stumbled upon this long running running thread.
You write very well if I may say so. I would like to have such a talent but, as an engineer, we tend to be , or have to be concise.

I liked your description of your routes. I can empathise with that. We, my dog and I, walk a lot, up to ten miles a day, streams, canals, lakes, nature reserves. It is very therapeutic I find.

On footwear, my wife and I wear good walking boots. Gortex Scarpa boots. They are the most comfortable footwear I have ever had. They are pricey too but when you do those sort of miles you get your money's worth.
Thanks for your comment Besoeker, much appreciated....
I also was an apprentice trained engineer (General Machinist and Toolmaker) for over thirty five years before finally being made redundant and then took a different path...

You do some very impressive mileage Besoeker, and the Scarpa walking boots are indeed a fine boot, however being a runner I have always preferred the lighter Merrell fell running shoe, still a bit on the pricey side, but well worth it....Thanks for looking in...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 09:36 PM

Good to see you sharing your adventures again OGF...holiday sounds great Raining in Yorkshire right now
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 08:22 AM

Heavy day yesterday, after my early morning six mile run we walked the coast path.....Loads of steps...

But plenty of views like this....

So I think I earned one of these...

Sorry to hear about the rain in Yorkshire Summer.....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 08:56 AM

Great pics OGF.....especially the 99 ice cream...yummy
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-08-2018, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Great pics OGF.....especially the 99 ice cream...yummy
Thanks Summer, we're on first name terms with the bloke in the kiosk......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-08-2018, 08:13 PM

We had a walk up to the museum today, the sun came out as we entered Candie Gardens (the grounds that contain the museum) it's one of the best views of the harbour. So as we sat there watching ships come and go.....I fell asleep on a bench....

Victor Hugo The writer of 'Les Miserables' and 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' has a house on the Island, unfortunately you can't visit it this year because it's been re-furbished...But here's a statue of the old gentleman....

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 08:18 PM

great pics Bob, where were you?

That ice cream looks good enough to eat, now I want one
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-08-2018, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
great pics Bob, where were you?

That ice cream looks good enough to eat, now I want one
Hello Lion Queen good to see you here.....We are holidaying on Guernsey, plenty of eating, walking and running....Oh! and sleeping on benches....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-08-2018, 08:32 PM

I've been managing to keep up some fitness training while being here, a six mile hilly run yesterday morning, followed by a five mile walk along the cliff path and ten lengths of the swimming pool before dinner. No running today just 40 lengths of the pool.

I tried out the new shoes and knocked three minutes of my best time off this tough Guernsey course. I've only run it twice though and took it steady on Sunday so it was a soft target. I will give it another go tomorrow. Rain expected so I hope I get my early morning run done before it does.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 08:32 PM

I am just catching up Foxy.
You are having a wonderful time.
I do love this thread.
I am copying you at the Candy Bar.
Only my day out.
But a start.

Page 145 of 190 « First < 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top