Join for free
Page 689 of 1676 « First < 189 589 639 679 687 688 689 690 691 699 739 789 1189 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 11:12 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Errrr yous getting your tubes all mixed up Gummy Bear.

Anyway, take a butchers at this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKV6h_5XFbk

Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 11:32 AM

To the Tower with you Mrs Pie! Orf with her head!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 12:40 PM

There used to be two ballad singers on stage every Friday night in the ‘Arthur Conan Doyle” pub in my locality, a girl and a bearded chap who was her brother, this would be back in the 80’s and my dear old dad would be with Phyllis, me and a few of her sisters. The two singers were called Francis and Eddie and one of the songs Francis excelled at singing was “Steal away” I would always nod to the Da and whisper “Here comes the shoplifters anthem again”
Anyway before she sang the song she would look over at our table and say, “This song is dedicated to Jimmy Mac who has always patronised these Friday nights here since we opened”
My humble heart would swell with pride as she threw a big kiss over to me, by God she was a fine thing.
When the Fury Brothers and Davy Arthur recorded “The Red Rose Cafe” she knew I loved it and learned it off very quickly so she could sing it with her brother, how thoughtful is that, fine girl you are Francis.
That’s a feather in my cap Gummy, I’ll bet the girl at the hardware store never sang for you me lad.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Errrr yous getting your tubes all mixed up Gummy Bear.

Anyway, take a butchers at this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKV6h_5XFbk

This has already been posted on the Royal Wedding thread.

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...=52928&page=17
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 06:00 PM

Two Irish men walking down a High St, Paddy say to Shamus "Look, in the shop window Trousers 50p a pair, shirts 50p each, and suits only £1.

Right Shamus says, what we will do is buy a car full take it home and sell it, but when we go into the shop don't let on we are going to sell it, or they may not sell it to us.

After entering the shop Shamus says to the guy behind the counter, Well take 100 shirts, 100 pairs of trews and 50 suits.

"You can't do that" says the shop keeper. Paddy thinking they have been rumbled, says "They are just for us, we are stocking up our wardrobe".

"I'm sorry" says the shop keeper, "I can't help you"

"And why not"? says Paddy.

"Because this is a Dry Cleaners" says the shop keeper!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 06:26 PM

I was gazing at the wonderfully wriggly bottom of the lady ahead of me as I walked along the street. She must have caught sight of my reflection in a shop window,because she suddenly spun around and glared at me.
I quickly dropped my eyes - and she stamped on them!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
There used to be two ballad singers on stage every Friday night in the ‘Arthur Conan Doyle” pub in my locality, a girl and a bearded chap who was her brother, this would be back in the 80’s and my dear old dad would be with Phyllis, me and a few of her sisters. The two singers were called Francis and Eddie and one of the songs Francis excelled at singing was “Steal away” I would always nod to the Da and whisper “Here comes the shoplifters anthem again”
Anyway before she sang the song she would look over at our table and say, “This song is dedicated to Jimmy Mac who has always patronised these Friday nights here since we opened”
My humble heart would swell with pride as she threw a big kiss over to me, by God she was a fine thing.
When the Fury Brothers and Davy Arthur recorded “The Red Rose Cafe” she knew I loved it and learned it off very quickly so she could sing it with her brother, how thoughtful is that, fine girl you are Francis.
That’s a feather in my cap Gummy, I’ll bet the girl at the hardware store never sang for you me lad.
hmmm?? - how do ya know the bearded chap was her brother ? - more like her lover IMO - I think management paid her to keep bringin the soft hearted punters in with their old Das!

and teachin ya old Da all about stealin - I ask ya Jimmy shame on ya laddie - so that's wot the lure of gold and jewels taught ya heh?

and her 'stealin ya heart away' laddie right under the noses of ya Da; young wiffy and her sisters?

fine girl indeed Jimbo lad - " the girl at the hardware store"??? nah never heard anyone sing that one Jimmy ya must be dreamin??

did Francis ever sing for ya - " Jimmy loves the Lion Queen"? - lovely song that one is to be sure to be sure - mind ya shouldn't be mentioned that with Phyllis around should I now?? Wink wink - nod nod
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-05-2018, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
I was gazing at the wonderfully wriggly bottom of the lady ahead of me as I walked along the street. She must have caught sight of my reflection in a shop window,because she suddenly spun around and glared at me.
I quickly dropped my eyes - and she stamped on them!
Good grief Pugsy Bear! I quickly read through and thought Wrinkly bottom - yuk
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:48 PM

What's all this about the Lion Queen Gummy?, did I miss something? lovely kind person, I must say I enjoy her posting style.

Speaking of emigration earlier, old Molly Dempsey down the street had an only son who went to New York back in the 1960’s, his mother thought the Sun shone from his backside, but the rest of us lads knew him better, he was a chancer, she was broken hearted when he left.
After two weeks passed she had a letter from him telling her he got a job in an office of a big company and it had great prospects, it was the first feather in his cap, she was delighted and never stopped telling the neighbours how well her boy was doing. A few months later she had another letter telling her he had acquired his own office, “Another feather in my cap Mother dear”
Then she heard nothing from him for a whole year until a week after Christmas when she received news that he was made manager of his section which carried a huge salary, another feather in his cap.
Another year passed without word, then he phoned to tell her that the firm had collapsed, none of the employees had been paid and he was coming home, could she wire him on the fare.
She was embarrassed and disgusted and said back to him “Haven’t you got three feathers in your cap?, well I suggest you stick them up your arse and fly home” and she slammed down the phone.
I think the lesson there is even though you may be the apple of your mother’s eye, don’t mess with her, everyone has a breaking point.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:51 PM

That's the thing with a chancer, they acquire their own Office, they don't build it.

Page 689 of 1676 « First < 189 589 639 679 687 688 689 690 691 699 739 789 1189 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top