Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 06:16 PM

Re: Done some damage.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If you're lucky
Im an optimist.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 06:22 PM

Sounds dreadful

I have it in my hands. Been quite useful in this cold weather as I've not felt how cold it is

Trouble is, I can't do up buttons, hold scissors or a pen, pick up small objects etc etc etc

Neuropathy is not fun
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 06:39 PM

Ouch! Nom ..... a lesson learnt there, move the heater out of reach if you intend dropping off to sleep.

In hope the blisters heal soon....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Sounds dreadful

I have it in my hands. Been quite useful in this cold weather as I've not felt how cold it is

Trouble is, I can't do up buttons, hold scissors or a pen, pick up small objects etc etc etc

Neuropathy is not fun
I am the same Missy mine has been diagnosed as Secondary Reynauds disease very painful in cold weather, tying my shoelaces presents some problems.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I am the same Missy mine has been diagnosed as Secondary Reynauds disease very painful in cold weather, tying my shoelaces presents some problems.

I feel a twit having to ask mr missy to help dress me. I'm resorting to elasticated waists on trousers and t shirts for work with slip on shoes.

I'm still at mid diagnoses. This diagnoses was given in November and I'm still waiting a treatment plan. I was promised physio and a Neuro appointment, but nothing has been followed up. Doesn't help that I can't actually make a follow up appointment but have to ring on the day and hope the GP I'm seeing is on duty that day and actually has free slot.

Luckily my work colleagues are very understanding and take over the fine work which I can't do
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 06:59 PM

Nom I have one important thing to say to you

Move that fan heater much further from your chair!

You know I worry about you.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 07:19 PM

mmm that's the thing when you have Diabetes and your toes are numb, my toes go numb at night time in bed, otherwise during the day they are ok.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 08:33 PM

Sorry to hear that Nom, take care mate and get well soon....
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 09:43 PM

Ouch.
Hope those toes heal quickly.
No more Homer Simpson slouching for you!
Well, when there's a heater in front anyways!
Take care.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
One of the effects of Neuropathy is the lack of feeling that can occur in extremities. I found out to my cost last night.
I have a similar problem. the disc in my back damaged the nerves down my left leg so I have little or no feeling in parts of my left foot.

The problem is that I still insist on wearing thongs (flip-flops to you) or bare feet in the shed or garden. The first I am aware of a problem is a trail of blood through the house or on the back patio.

What can you do?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top