Join for free
Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 12:37 AM

Re: Firemen

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh. Thank you.
I'd perhaps best get up the steps and give it a prod in the morning then.
It'd better stop quick though, else I'll be after you to come and stop it for me.

Bloomin' shower hose sprung a leak today as well.
Water pouring out both ends of that silver flexible hose all over the floor.

Spent half the day trying to fix that!
Maybe just come loose at the head end and water poured down the hose. Just a question of tightening the shower head connection back up.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 12:39 AM

I don't remember anyone taking that picture of me in his arms?
YOU are NOT that OLD!!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Maybe just come loose at the head end and water poured down the hose. Just a question of tightening the shower head connection back up.

No, it wasn't that Judd.
That is the first thing I thought of too, but I tightened the end that goes into the shower part and it still kept running out the other end where the shower head itself was.
Sop I tightened that up too, but it was still running out.
Meanwhile, the shower was only piddling water out at a dribble because I was losing all the water down the hose.

I phoned my plumber chap, but couldn't get him, then remembered I had a spare piece of flexible shower hose in the shed, so tried fixing that on. It worked, and the leak stopped. Only thing is, I don't like the shower head on this new hose, and the old head won't fit.
Most frustrating.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
YOU are NOT that OLD!!!!

Thank you Sweetie.

Instead of telling people I am younger than I am like a lot of people do, I do the opposite and tell them I am much older instead.
That way they always think I look ever so well for me age.

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 07:37 AM

No, it wasn't that Judd.
That is the first thing I thought of too, but I tightened the end that goes into the shower part and it still kept running out the other end where the shower head itself was.
Sop I tightened that up too, but it was still running out.
Meanwhile, the shower was only piddling water out at a dribble because I was losing all the water down the hose.

I phoned my plumber chap, but couldn't get him, then remembered I had a spare piece of flexible shower hose in the shed, so tried fixing that on. It worked, and the leak stopped. Only thing is, I don't like the shower head on this new hose, and the old head won't fit.
Most frustrating.

Mups darlin' - it could be the washer(s) inside the hose has perished. Where you unscrew the hose from the shower head - inside the hood, there should be a washer, if there isn't, you need to go buy one. Likewise there is another washer inside where the screw fits onto the shower heater. Again if there is no washer there - replace it.

Just as a tip, never leave water inside the hose. After you've had your shower, unscrew the hose, empty the water out and replace the hose again. This stops (a) the washer from perishing, (b) Legionella disease building up inside the shower head.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-06-2018, 02:35 PM

Thank you UJ, I will have a look.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 08:39 PM

So I went to bed last night and was woken by very loud beeps. Scared me to death! After investigating, I could only assume the battery was exhausted.

So today, guess what I bought - it begins with the letter 'B' and ends in 'y'.

Sorry, Mups, for some reason I blamed you after I was on this thread. Your name was mud in the early hours
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-06-2018, 08:47 PM

Haha, don't blame me missus.

Isn't it funny though, each time my battery has gone, it's been in the middle of the flippin' night too!
Why don't they ever seem to go during daylight hours!

I took Judd's advice and tested mine today, and the darn thing
seems to have packed up altogether now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Make sure you keep checking the battery-operated one - at least once a week.
I simply make toast.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:09 AM

Haha, don't blame me missus.

Isn't it funny though, each time my battery has gone, it's been in the middle of the flippin' night too!
Why don't they ever seem to go during daylight hours!

I took Judd's advice and tested mine today, and the darn thing
seems to have packed up altogether now.
See. I've potentially saved your life.

Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top