Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 12:37 AM

Good Morning Monday

Good morning everyone,

Just climbed out of the archive boxes and seen the time !

Will have a cup of tea and a couple of hours sleep before continuing. Some of these old documents are very frail - but so interesting.

Did you know that - in WW1 - the Navy received prize money for sinking enemy ships? I didn't know - but apparently they did - have some of the 'prize' receipts.

Enjoy your day - whatever you are up to - if needed, I'll be in the third box from the left!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 12:53 AM

Re: Good Morning Monday

Good morning to you too Tabs.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 04:17 AM

Good morning - again - everyone.
Hiya Mups!

Back - like a lion refreshed. Had a lovely walk, listening to the dawn chorus. Now heading for tea and toast before resuming my archival task.

Enjoy your day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 05:19 AM

Good morning Tabs, just watch out for the ghosts in those archives, and don't rattle the skeletons too loudly...

Morning all, dull and light drizzle here at the moment but expecting a sunny and warm day here in Mansfield.

Just the usual pottering around for me today and we'll be having salad for lunch, most of which will be from the garden.

Have a good everyone.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 05:28 AM

Hi

Good Morning All.

The Dawn Chorus is very subdued here today, a strange sky.

The Fishing Season started Saturday, so have had two lovely early morning starts catching fish and watching the wildlife, in particular the Kingfishers.

A busy day today, I am doing what Summer calls Life Laundry, shredding paperwork over the weekend, 3 120 litre bags full already and more to go.

I am no longer working, so clothes sorting next.

I have over 20 Business Suits, 5 Dinner Jackets and over 50 formal shirts.

A huge sort out today, I will keep 2 suits, I dinner jacket and 10 shirts.

My white tie stuff can go, I will never need it again.

I will be keeping my Last Night of the Proms stuff however, I love it.

The Charity Shops will be busy tomorrow.

Have a good day all.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 05:34 AM

Good morning everyone

Those archives sound very interesting Tabby you should start a thread about them with a few pictures maybe?

Yes a warm sunny day forecast here too Barry shame it wasn't yesterday for our family barbecue but it all went well we ended up inside though playing charades.

Nothing much planned today apart from booking to see 10cc later this year mustn't forget to do that have a good day all
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Charity Shops will be busy tomorrow.

Have a good day all.
Too right they will swimmy you could kit out your own gents outfitters with that lot...did you know that Help the Aged give you a percentage payback of the sale of your goods in their charity shops? They do in Ilkley anyway.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

18-06-2018, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Those archives sound very interesting Tabby you should start a thread about them with a few pictures maybe?
Do you think anyone would be interested, Summer? I could scan some of them into the PC and put them in the Genealogy section.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:07 AM

Good morning,

It's going to be warm here today and by the end of the week very warm.

I'm off to help a neighbour painting his house this morning.

Enjoy your Monday.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

18-06-2018, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Do you think anyone would be interested, Summer? I could scan some of them into the PC and put them in the Genealogy section.
Well I would look for sure Tabby I'm sure others would too Sounds really interesting to me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top