Join for free
Page 15 of 24 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:44 PM

Re: Should smoking be banned outside?

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Yeh, I can see why you'd say that .... the places are full of kids now ( been taught to drink sensibly by sober adults).

Time was pubs were for adults. Do smokers really want to go there anymore anyway?
You are dead right there Morti.
Most pubs, particularly Wetherspoons are more like flipping creshes rather than pubs!
Around a month ago there was a Woman Breast feeding a baby in a very public part of our local WETHERSPOONS here in Colwyn Bay.
Fair put me off me beer that did!

And later the same woman was having a fag outside while her partner or whatever sat with the baby inside.
How sweet and thoughtful of them!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 09:15 AM

There come a time in every man's life when he has been pushed too far. The anti-smokers have pushed me too far. Now, I say, 'No more'. If I'm outside and someone says something about my smoking, I reply, "Shut up. Get the hell away from me."
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
There come a time in every man's life when he has been pushed too far. The anti-smokers have pushed me too far. Now, I say, 'No more'. If I'm outside and someone says something about my smoking, I reply, "Shut up. Get the hell away from me."
Charming!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Charming!
When someone tries to push me, the last thing I'm interested in, is being "charming".
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 10:04 AM

I used to smoke in the 7os --but I hate it now -just smells awful -funny how we change in time ---
dont think smokers should be standing outside a works building in little groups puffing away 'firms can make shelters

for them on the private grounds....or bike shed lol ''' some firms have special rooms for smokers 'with air con blowers-
people enjoy the right to smoke ...as long as its private ..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 10:11 AM

Strange how we accept two gays kissing in a pub but not a smoker having a fag outside.....I can tell you which one would have been accepted in the pit village where I grew up....
bakerman
Mexico

14-06-2018, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Strange how we accept two gays kissing in a pub but not a smoker having a fag outside.....I can tell you which one would have been accepted in the pit village where I grew up....
Exactly ! Life used to be enjoyable. Now that the self-righteous fanatics have taken over, I never, ever, go out to a restaurant or bar. NEVER !

For those people who think the entire world is supposed to smell like roses, I say, "Ah, too bad. Get used to it. Get a life"
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Two guys kissing does no one any harm, whereas passive smoking can! Only sick bigots think there is anything wrong with homosexuality.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:12 AM

But you do have to see the irony of this ...
Smokers shoved to stand outside puffing away .... where all the exhaust and pollution is chugging away.

Perhaps equal for all would apply if we all walked around with stickers on our backs rating our own pollutant level .... points for smoking, driving, flying.
I'd stand next to Einstein ( who smoked) and feel a little chuffed.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Two guys kissing does no one any harm, whereas passive smoking can! Only sick bigots think there is anything wrong with homosexuality.
So Tara .... you can get to play Judge on this one.

Imagine if you will ..
Morty, the pig, that's me ... bouncing down the road in my high heels, minding my own business .... and , wait for it ... smoking a cigarette.
A big hunk of a guy strides passed. Looks at me. Frowns ... and spat at me.

I suspect you'd say the chap was doing a public service.

Page 15 of 24 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top