Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 03:42 PM

How do you.

Get rid of your garden waste,?...i dont have a car at the moment, ..i have a lot of conifer and laurel to cut back,which i have done,i bagged it all up,and thought,who can i get to take this away,...a skip would cost £180,to have it cut by tree surgeon, would have cost, £235,..i ended up typing into google,green waste disposal, came up with bin and gone,cost me £40,so i was quite pleased.

How about you?..what if you can't drive?how do you dispose of your waste?..do you have a green waste bin,provided by the council? ..aren't they expensive.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 04:10 PM

Re: How do you.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Get rid of your garden waste,?...i dont have a car at the moment, ..i have a lot of conifer and laurel to cut back,which i have done,i bagged it all up,and thought,who can i get to take this away,...a skip would cost £180,to have it cut by tree surgeon, would have cost, £235,..i ended up typing into google,green waste disposal, came up with bin and gone,cost me £40,so i was quite pleased.

How about you?..what if you can't drive?how do you dispose of your waste?..do you have a green waste bin,provided by the council? ..aren't they expensive.
So you've just paid £40 for one load when a council garden waste bin, with 20 collections a year only costs us £30. You do the maths....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

Green bin.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 04:19 PM

We have a Brown bin for Garden Waste, which is collected every fortnight, cost nothing.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 04:41 PM

brown wheelie bin £35 per year.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
So you've just paid £40 for one load when a council garden waste bin, with 20 collections a year only costs us £30. You do the maths....

I hear you Barry,the problem with me is,instead of enquiring at the council,i listen to other people, ..you dont want one of them bins,they cost over £60 a year,plus they only empty them once a month,so tomorrow, i will be phoning the council and finding out the facts,thank you all for your advice, the only problem i have,is,i live in a one bedroom house,very small garden,i am going to make room for the bin,at the bbottom of the garden,try and hide it behind a screen.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-07-2018, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
We have a Brown bin for Garden Waste, which is collected every fortnight, cost nothing.

Lucky you susie,i know in hampshire we have to pay a fee,not sure yet how much,i will ring council tomorrow and find out.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 05:20 PM

We have a big section in our backyard that we use for composting.
Each year we till some of it into our gardens to help replenish leached nutrients. There’s also days where it is collected for people who prefer that option.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 06:36 PM

At the moment I have a green wheelie bin for garden waste but the council will be charging for it (£50 p.a.) at some point this summer. I will not pay the charge so once the green bin is no more it will all go in my landfill bin.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 07:23 PM

We have green bins - emptied fortnightly - no charge. I also have a compost heap and a branch shredder.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top