Join for free
Page 4 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 08:29 PM

Re: Trying to turn £2 into £1000

You are probably right there, but I enjoy using technology to try to find a way through, I really hate closed minds .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 08:51 PM

Well Peter I enjoyed the days racing as I always do and I was a bit lucky too. I'd done 10 single bets of 2 euros and got 3 winners, I never do each way except the really big races, ‘The Corsican’ @4/1 ‘Totally Magic’ @7/1 and ‘Goring’ @8/1 (I had recently been reading a second world war book, that’s the only reason I backed Goring) That was 44 euros back for a 20 euros investment, plus a good days fun for me, even if I’d got nothing back it was still a great days sport for 20 euros, and all in the comfort of me own armchair, I mean where would you get that today considering how much it costs to go to a football match or a music concert.
Live a little, the war is over and time’s running out I say.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 09:01 PM

Exactly, well done and let us not worry about the Cassandra's of this World.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 11:03 PM

Gambling on horses is a mugs game now.

It wasn't always the case. Those that followed form, who could sniff out horses that had been brought to run but not win, used to make money.

However things changed.

Two things forever changed horse race gambling.

First was the general computerisation of gambling. Moving the whole thing to websites rather than bookies. A few stalwarts kept using the local bookies but overall, the advent of the internet brought millions of new gamblers in, people who could sit in their armchairs at home and lay a bet.
This changed the demographic of the punter and it meant more crucially that the Ladbrookes and William Hills of this world could see instantly "at-a-glance" exactly how much money had been laid against any given horse in any given race. That is powerful information and it inevitably led to corruption and race rigging.

When you know in concrete computer terms that 10 horses out of 12 will earn you tons of money if they lose then you see to it that one of the other 2 win. So horse race gambling is no longer about form and race conditions it is simply about how much money has been placed on each horse.

The second nail in the coffin, was the advent of being able to bet AGAINST a horse. The internet sites started letting punters both lay a bet and take a bet. i.e. they could act as their own bookie, offering odds to everyone out there that a horse will not win.

This was a catastrophic step for horse gambling. Making a horse win a race is no easy task unless every other jockey in the race agrees to let you win. But making a horse NOT win a race is very easy. A jockey can easily hold a horse back, steer it in such a way as to ensure it doesn't win. Once people could bet that a given horse would NOT win, then there arose a huge incentive for corrupt jockeys to deliberately not win.

There were numerous cases of race fixing and the Jockey Club itself was involved but naturally the powers that be didn't close it all down, there is far too much money to be made from the system to allow that.

As I have highlighted in another thread, ALL forms of online gambling are rigged and controlled by corrupt greedy companies. Online poker, bingo, slots, horse racing, dog racing whatever. You can not win. Stay well clear.

Even the local bingo clubs are rigged. People still flock to them, perhaps more for a bit of social fun. My Mother-In-Law was adamant that it was all random and legit. She said:

"they hand you the tickets and anyone could have any set of numbers, the computer doesn't know".

I said to her, next time you go take a closer look at the ticket and tell me if there isn't a unique serial number on every ticket.

Of course, there IS a unique number on every ticket. That unique number identifies the ticket and if you give the computer that unique number it will then be able to tell you all the numbers on that bingo card. They will tell you that this unique identification is how they know your card is legitimate and that any claim you make for a win is correct.
And that's true, but it also means the computer, which generates the numbers electronically can decide which bingo card wins. It knows exactly which cards are in play from the serial number range. You can make any individual win or lose. If you have serial number 1234567 then I can tell the computer to roll out the numbers for that card to win.
Electronic bingo has always been like this. It's a mugs game.

I guarantee you WILL win if you participate. The money is spread around people to keep them hooked and convinced that it's all just random but in the end people will lose because the game is totally controlled.

All online gambling is rigged. Period. Stay Clear.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 07:52 AM

If I had spent say £2 per week on a lottery ticket every week since it started how much would I have spent....anyone know ?.......because you could say that is how much I have been able to put in my rainy day bank account !
£2184 this coming November !
Now tell me that gambling is not a mugs game !
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 08:54 AM

Even the national lottery is fixed.
A while back you may remember this. The announcer called out the number 'by mistake'? that was the next one to be drawn. Not the one that had been drawn.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Even the national lottery is fixed.
A while back you may remember this. The announcer called out the number 'by mistake'? that was the next one to be drawn. Not the one that had been drawn.
Quite so.

It was noticeable from the very first lottery draw all those years ago, that the camera never shows you a shot of BOTH the balls bouncing around AND the ball dropping into the chute at the same time.

You get separate shots of the balls bouncing first, and then a separate shot of the ball coming out. This meant you could never video record the draw and play it back slowly and watch a given numbered ball bouncing around and fall into the chute. The reason why is obvious.

They can make any combination of balls come out and just like the horse racing, the computer obviously knows every combination of tickets that people have bought because they are all recorded/scanned into the lottery terminals. So if they want to pump out a set of numbers for which no-one will win the jackpot then can easily do that and then hey presto ! It's another roll-over.

They do this regularly of course because the "thick as bricks" populous can't understand that no matter how big that jackpot is, their chances of winning haven't changed and it remains a 1 in 14 million proposition.

All lotteries are the same. Just stay well clear and don't be duped.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

20-09-2015, 04:02 PM

Davis Cup again:
Steve Darcis to win at 1.31 in running.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

20-09-2015, 06:38 PM

£8.30.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

20-09-2015, 06:58 PM

Purwell, you're just gonna lose more and more money. The game is rigged, all of it, every game, every sport. It's all computer controlled.

Page 4 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top