Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:47 PM

Maths

I know it is easy for me to say-I have half a brain cell. Veronica has been around marking her year 9 student`s maths papers.

I was horrified. Really simple things were wrong,many questions were not even attempted.

Where did this happen??? Who do we blame?

And I mean really (to me) easy questions-no algebra nothing `hard`

I felt a bit sad to be honest
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:49 PM

Re: Maths

Perhaps the computer society is addling their brains?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:58 PM

Year 9... that's 13 year olds.

Can you give an example?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Year 9... that's 13 year olds.

Can you give an example?
Increase 190 by 35%

Most came in below 190
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 07:42 PM

I sat through my maths o'level doodling on the paper.
Maths might as well have been Martian to me.
It was only when I started work and saw how to apply maths to real stuff that I learned anything. Quite handy when mixing medicines and making ointments!
Someone people need different kinds of teaching I think, I could only learn by being shown something practical.
Probably because I'm creative.
Luckily every single man made object has to be designed by someone who has imagination!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Increase 190 by 35%

Most came in below 190
OMG that's really awful. In this particular case is it because they can't read I mean how many brain cells do you need to know the difference between increase and decrease

Who is to blame, well that's easy to say, IMO the youth of today have access to all the legal wranglings that go on in court and on T.V. and they know dam well that no one (and I do mean no one) can touch them either physically or verbally, they know dam well they are untouchable so why should they bother with learning, the state will take care of them (assuming there are enough older mugs working and paying taxes)

I avoid certain dog walks at weekends because I know the mindless morons and their even more mindless sprogs will be out and if either I or one of my dogs goes near them it will be legal compensation claims for harassment, or whatever.

I hate to see kids now they frighten me.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 07:55 PM

Maths is simple if you have the right teacher. The wrong teacher can make it terribly complicated. It's a gift to be able to teach it without jumping steps where you assume a student makes the same mental leap.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I know it is easy for me to say-I have half a brain cell. Veronica has been around marking her year 9 student`s maths papers.

I was horrified. Really simple things were wrong,many questions were not even attempted.

Where did this happen??? Who do we blame?

And I mean really (to me) easy questions-no algebra nothing `hard`

I felt a bit sad to be honest
They may not be much cop at maths but probably would be able to come up with a better title to a thread than you.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
They may not be much cop at maths but probably would be able to come up with a better title to a thread than you.
Oh give it a rest Gravy, this is getting as tedious as scumbag nasty party.

Love from the lad.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 10:00 PM

"Education" has been very dumbed down for quite some years now. Many older people are totally unaware. Those with kids will probably have seen the kids school books, syllabus and homework and some that have will have been quite concerned.

Many parents, those that are awake to this purposeful dumbing of a generation, will have taken the time to teach their kids properly or paid for additional private tuition.

Not all can afford that of course.

Dumb people are very easy to control and kids today are totally being controlled. They are heading for Orwell's 1984.
Giving them huge debts right from the off is a part of that. It ensures they "belong" to the state and will have to work all hours to pay the debts down.

Making house ownership well beyond most kids equally means they will rent which in turn means their money is going nowhere, down a black hole so they will never get ahead in the game.

As a society we should be furious about what successive governments have done to our education system (Tory and Labour alike - they all work for the unseen rulers don't forget)

Britain is being destroyed by stealth, from within, systematically.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top