Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 11:29 AM

Language

Now I am no prude,I can use `Anglo Saxon` with the best of them. But...the other day I went to the school where Veronica teaches to deliver some marked exam papers.

It probably took less than a minute to clear the gate keeper and walk to reception,less to walk back.

Maths question-how many times can one hear the `F` word in less than two minutes?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 01:14 PM

Re: Language

I was out last night with a friend having a drink in a quiet pub , two blokes entered and within seconds the f word and others was streaming out of their mouths in general conversation which was loud . This seems to be totally acceptable and natural with some people . It's on the TV , it's everywhere . I've said to my grandaughters that these are rude words and we don't say them , after all they hear them and especially J who recently started secondary school.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 03:08 PM

British society is changing, and not for the better.

Britain: a nation of yobs.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I was out last night with a friend having a drink in a quiet pub , two blokes entered and within seconds the f word and others was streaming out of their mouths in general conversation which was loud . This seems to be totally acceptable and natural with some people . It's on the TV , it's everywhere . I've said to my grandaughters that these are rude words and we don't say them , after all they hear them and especially J who recently started secondary school.

I don't like to hear this constant swearing either susan, not many of us do, except the people doing it.

Mind you, I don't like loud, gobby people anyway.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 03:12 PM

I blame Adele!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I blame Adele!

I agree Tess.

I like her singing more than I like to hear her speak.
Her language spoils her for me.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top