Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2010, 12:04 PM

The bird table

Our bird table has given us a lot of pleasure this winter. Apart from the usual garden birds one would expect to see, we have a pair of jays and a lesser spotted woodpecker visiting the table quite frequently during each day. There is a contract out on the cheeky squirrel who has broken the peanut feeder! I must see if I can find a squirrel proof feeder when I next can get the car out. At present it is just too icy to drive it up our steep bit of lane.

Have any of you had birds visiting your table, whom you wouldn't normally entertain?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2010, 01:06 PM

Re: The bird table

I'm afraid birds never come near our bird table ....... I can't think why

mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

19-12-2010, 01:14 PM

I don't have a bird table but I have a garden full of birds just the same. I think they all know they'll get fed here. It helps that I have some trees in the garden. My favourites at the moment are two little robins who come right up to the back window.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2010, 04:23 PM

Love your picture Mags, it would take a brave bird to venture into your garden.
We get all types of birds where I am DS,but don't ask me to name them. In weather like this the Wife chucks out bits of bread and they come from all directions to feed, big ones and small ones, I'm a townie and dont know one from the other.
Nice to here from you again DS.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2010, 06:16 PM

Thanks Jemflux
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2010, 06:28 PM

Now we are feeding the birds again we have quite a variety come into the garden, including the jays, woodpeckers, wrens, finches etc. etc., but we have not had anything really unusual. Since the cold weather, kingfishers have come a lot closer up the river into areas where they are not normally seen - must be very hard for them at the moment.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2010, 10:26 PM

Don't have a bird table, but lots of sparrows come into the hedge at bottom of garden and have quite a few blackbirds around. Had two robins this morning singing their hearts out. Noticed yesterday the sparrow hawk is around-when I seeing it sitting quietly on the fence eyeing the sparrows up, I do try to move it on.....can't bear to think of it flying off with one of the sparrows.........
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2010, 11:18 PM

We have so many different visitors to our bird table, Robins, Thrush, Starlings,Blackbird, Pied Wagtails, Chaffinches etc but I never see Carol Vorderman, Lesley Garret, Helen Mirren or the likes there.

ps, love the Cat Mags
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2010, 11:20 PM

Keep looking AB - you never know - you could get lucky.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2010, 11:28 PM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top