Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:35 PM

Re: My Vet

Furry Mups didn't want her tea again tonight . . . .

I'll have to see what tomorrow brings.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Furry Mups didn't want her tea again tonight . . . .

I'll have to see what tomorrow brings.

Aaah no.....

Has she eaten anything today Mups?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Aaah no.....

Has she eaten anything today Mups?

She eats about a third of her breakfast, same with lunch, and nearly half of her dinner tonight. She starts, then seems to lose interest again.

One ulcer looks to have gone, and the other one is not so angry looking, so at least that's an improvement.
I just wish she'd eat properly as she looks like a cruelty case!
I have cooked her some stewing beef, some chicken, fish, and even got a couple of rabbits from the butcher as they used to be her favourite. I don't know what else I can offer her.

The vet phoned today to see how she was. He offered one or two suggestions, and said he will ring me Monday to see how things are then. She still has 5 days anti-bios left.

I have a horrible feeling she is old and tired, and giving up.

Thank you for asking.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 11:34 PM

She eats about a third of her breakfast, same with lunch, and nearly half of her dinner tonight. She starts, then seems to lose interest again.

One ulcer looks to have gone, and the other one is not so angry looking, so at least that's an improvement.
I just wish she'd eat properly as she looks like a cruelty case!
I have cooked her some stewing beef, some chicken, fish, and even got a couple of rabbits from the butcher as they used to be her favourite. I don't know what else I can offer her.

The vet phoned today to see how she was. He offered one or two suggestions, and said he will ring me Monday to see how things are then. She still has 5 days anti-bios left.

I have a horrible feeling she is old and tired, and giving up.

Thank you for asking.

This probably sounds daft. You know sometimes when we humans feel poorly and can't face much to eat, or we crave something silly, would furry Mups eat some soft/runny type foods that you wouldn't normally give her (or agree with for her)?

I don't know, I'm trying to think of something I used to like when I was poorly.... some rice pudding or something... I can't really think. Do you know what I mean about something you might have liked when ill, along the lines of not 'dinnerish'.

Gosh, I wish I could myself across better.

xx
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 08:27 AM

I hope she is a bit better today Mups.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 11:55 AM

We go through so much together over the years, and their love and companionship makes it all worthwhile.
So very true, I hope she continues to improve.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-05-2020, 11:22 PM

Thank you Pesta, Summer and Losos.

Pesta, I shall try your idea of offering more unorthodox foods.
If it doesn't work, I'm no worse off, but it might just spark her interest so worth a try. Thank you.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top