Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 08:50 PM

Re: Anyone here from the USA I am in Self Isolation

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I knew there was a time/post condition but could not remember what, which is why i hoped you would post so I didn't get it wrong. Thank you
You're welcome
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 09:28 PM

I can imagine it feels pretty lonely having to be in self isolation but you are doing a good job looking after other people as well as yourself so thank you for keeping others safe by staying home and not possibly infecting others. Good job.
I agree with bakerman, keep yourself busy to pass the time. Loads of threads to look through here and we always like to welcome new members.

Enjoy the forum.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 10:29 PM

I am in the US Matthew, in Florida. I intentionally remain fairly isolated too, but I enjoy every minute of it. There is so much to do, if you look for it, that you never need to be bored. You know, that you are a good person, someone else will recognize it too. You just have to be careful about what personal information you let out. There is always some thief hanging out trying to take advantage of others.

One thing I did to ease some of the occasional loneliness is I got me a shelter rescue dog. She quickly became my bosom buddy. It is amazing how much joy you get out of rescuing an animal. They will love you unconditionally, and you will find yourself returning the sentiment. The Mutt in the photo above is napping by my elbow as we speak.

Don't despair, there are ways to hook up with someone to chat with. There are people who also need someone to chat with you may be the answer to their prayers.

I come here often to banter with folks and I find it a good place. There is not a lot of drama or meanness on this forum. These Britts don't always speak good English, sometimes they use strange terms, but for the most part, they are good people.

Hang in there!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 11:35 PM

HI mate. Sorry to hear of your situation. I'm not in the US but I lived in Montclair, New Jersey for a while. San Francisco as well for a bit. Hope you have some good chats here. Australians speak reasonable English also.
Bocephus
Canada
Bocephus is male 

12-03-2020, 01:19 PM

Welcome aboard!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 11:12 PM

Hi Matt and welcome!
Buzzzer
USA
Buzzzer is male  Buzzzer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 08:03 AM

Hello Matthew. I had to self-isolate too, but I have gone out occasionally to buy groceries and supplies, etc. There's lots of good advice in the previous replies. I 'm not online too much (mostly late at night), but have been keeping busy by doing things around the house and in the yard. I don't use the phone much because I have a speech issue. Best wishes.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 04:08 PM

Hi Matthew Welcome to the forum. We're in self-isolation too but Val will have to break hers tomorrow 'cos we need bread and milk.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:29 PM

Welcome to OFF
walking3
New Member!
United States
walking3 is female 

25-05-2020, 03:20 PM

I’m from the USA and also in self isolation, minus a pet.
How’s it going?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top