Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 09:53 PM

Virtual sport

The Grand National was simulated this year, all profits going to NHS.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 10:47 PM

Re: Virtual sport

I thought it was very well done, not too far from looking like the real thing. Certainly are a lot of very clever people doing stuff in animation.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 10:49 PM

I thought it was great no horses hurt either.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I thought it was great no horses hurt either.
Brilliant - maybe they should continue to run it that way!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Brilliant - maybe they should continue to run it that way!
If they did that Tabby maybe there would be no horses at all...
After all, If we don't use them to plough anymore, and don't race them, what other uses do they have?...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 02:00 PM

I would love to know how this was done. i'm hoping there might be a TV programme about it. I know they used Algorhythms to determine the winner but how did they decide who would fall for instance? Entertaining though I must say and i was also pleased that no animals were hurt in the making of it. The detail was great too, the crowd, the car and the ambulance following along. Brilliant!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 03:58 PM

We watched it and thought it very clever . CGI has come a very long way in just a few short years. One thing that I thought was lacking was the sound of the "horses" galloping along which would have added greatly to the atmosphere of the race imo. You could hear the "crowds" but not the "horses".
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
We watched it and thought it very clever . CGI has come a very long way in just a few short years. One thing that I thought was lacking was the sound of the "horses" galloping along which would have added greatly to the atmosphere of the race imo. You could hear the "crowds" but not the "horses".
And some people swearing when they lost.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If they did that Tabby maybe there would be no horses at all...
After all, If we don't use them to plough anymore, and don't race them, what other uses do they have?...
Valid point there OGF, We would probably return to eating them
again??
I hope the profits from this were'nt virtual as well?

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 10:59 AM

How pathetic can people get? surely running a non existent horse race is about the limit of stupidity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top