Join for free
Page 15 of 28 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 01:10 PM

Re: Lockdown pictures

Nice, a lot of your friends seem to have whippet/Greyhound dogs.

There was a very 'posh' couple who used to come into the market some time ago, dressed to the nines. They had two dogs on very sparkly collars & leads. I said, 'I do love your Whippets, they are very friendly'. After asking if I could pet them & being told yes.
Then in a very 'posh', superior & disgusted voice the woman said to me, 'These are full pedigree Italian Greyhounds, not Whippets'. Chastised, I apologised & slipped back behind my table, suitably chastised.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 02:46 PM

Exactly the same but smaller
You should have known Tiffs if they had been whippets the bloke would have been wearing a flat cap !
Actually they are super popular now I’m not that keen myself they are ok but would not be my first choice .
Lots of people like lurchers too which are sort of cross between a whippet / greyhound and used to be the dog of choice with poachers !
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Exactly the same but smaller
You should have known Tiffs if they had been whippets the bloke would have been wearing a flat cap !
Actually they are super popular now I’m not that keen myself they are ok but would not be my first choice .
Lots of people like lurchers too which are sort of cross between a whippet / greyhound and used to be the dog of choice with poachers !

My Daughter thought it extremely funny, as did our fellow stall holder neighbours. The couple walked off after that never to been seen again. I think they were on holiday, they certainly didn't buy anything.

I can't say I'm keen on any of the Greyhound type dogs. Give me a Spaniel, Lab, Collie or Retriever any time, even a Spoodle or those crosses, some are adorable.
Not that I would fork out for the outrageous prices they ask for the latter, which are essentially mongrels.
We had mongrels, they may have looked like a certain breed but none were & they were rescues.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 05:11 PM

A lockdown day in the garden- a cup of coffee and the camera.
Quite surprising what turns up.

(Brachytron Pratense apparently)

Having moved house only a few months ago I have been wondering what plants will appear. This lovely Allium seems to attract bees.

toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 05:18 PM

Whoops - Sorry Muddy! Just spotted the title of the thread and got the wrong idea!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 05:30 PM

I find doing these old dogs a challenge they have so much white and the white stuff you can use with colour pencil is unavailable.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	1A031C2D-1901-42D3-BC94-61772B9806FF.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	12791  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 05:33 PM

Excellent work, Muddy....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2020, 05:34 PM

Thank you Mags
Lovely photos Toners
I saw one of those insects today too except it was blue.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

30-05-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I find doing these old dogs a challenge they have so much white and the white stuff you can use with colour pencil is unavailable.
A real old dog, beautifully captured, Muddy.
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
A lockdown day in the garden- a cup of coffee and the camera.
Quite surprising what turns up.

(Brachytron Pratense apparently)

Having moved house only a few months ago I have been wondering what plants will appear. This lovely Allium seems to attract bees.

Two beautiful photo captures, Toners! Such clarity and detail. Very exotic visitors to your garden!

Page 15 of 28 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top