Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 12:19 AM

China claims all

In an aggressive and highly dangerous move, China has laid claims to all of the South China Sea, and the air above. They allege that all of the South China Seas are THEIR territorial waters even though the Spratley Islands are hundreds of kilometers from China. This is in direct violation of universal rights to "Freedom of the seas" for innocent maritime traffic.

Yesterday, the United States sent a single destroyer through the very heart of the tiny islands and atolls claimed by China, which are much, much closer to The Philippines. China then issued a warning to all nations.

Theoretically, China could stop, board, and search any civilian freighter which had the audacity to sail through "their territory". Moreover, this Chinese claim would "give them the right" to force down any aircraft, from any nation.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	636651739927005317-south-china-sea-map.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	12434  
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 12:29 AM

Re: China claims all

Woohoo that's where I learnt to water-ski

Sorry back to thread ...
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 12:43 AM

Too bloody close for comfort for mine. The Australian Navy has ignored these ridiculous claims and sailed through these areas. We have been threatened with loud hailers.."This is Chinese navy!..Leave these waters!"..I think the response from HMAS..?..forget the frigate's name.. was somewhere between non existent and a verbal middle finger extended firmly upwards. The Chinese ambassador the other day threatened Australia thus..I paraphrase...

"If Australia insists on an international enquiry into the origins of the Covid 19 virus (Wet markets in Wuhan) and any fanciful theories of how China handled this in relation to the rest of the world, maybe Chinese students will not come to Australia..Maybe Chinese tourists will not come...Maybe China will curtail trade with Australia....The whole world will "Tremble and obey!"....

Would you as Brits (most on this site) "tremble and obey"?...Would you say.."Oh dear we have to do what China says..THey might call us racist!"...Did you do this with Germany in WW2?..Did we do this with Japan at Kokoda?..No we told the bullying bastards to piss off and we fought them off. Reminds me of the old Spanish Civil War saying.."Better to die on your feet than live on your knees". We - evrybody else in the world including a lot gagged Chinese - need to tell this pumped up little tosser where he can shove it. We need to be brave..again.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 01:31 AM

The Chinese government does not think in terms of decades.
They think in terms of hundreds of years.

They took Tibet and the world did not act.
Now they are claiming the entire South China Sea.
If they get away with the most recent aggression, what comes next ?

Taiwan ?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 05:53 AM

Thank goodness Boris promised in 2017 to send an aircraft carrier as soon as Britain has some planes to fly off it.

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/sorry...31-gxm1di.html
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 08:35 AM

We have 2 aircraft/ attack helicopter carrier/ AAS ships that at the moment don't cater for the F35 but I hear one of them is to be modified for vertical take off and land. They can carry everything else though and in many cases are more versatile than a classic carrier. One of them should be there. The Chinese need to be stood up to. Like any school yard bully. One hard smack in the mouth and they back off. Yes all the arguments about trade and how we "depend" on them. Bollocks. We can find other markets for our iron ore, other minerals and of course our wine. The Chinese are addicted to Australian wine and lots of other goodies they get from us. They are not going to let go of all that easily.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:18 AM

no need for the show of any force. All we have to do is make good from China so expensive through taxation no one will be able to buy from them
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:22 AM

I have this niggling belief that China want to claim as much of the world as possible and I think the rest of the world should be keeping a close eye on them!

The CCP have no respect for their own people, so why should they care about foreigners?

They seem to have total control over their own people, so probably believe that they could do the same with other nationalities!

I won't list all my thoughts, but I do think that China cannot be trusted.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

I won't list all my thoughts, but I do think that China cannot be trusted.
I don't think the USA can be either. Money and corruption rules in both!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
We have 2 aircraft/ attack helicopter carrier/ AAS ships that at the moment don't cater for the F35 but I hear one of them is to be modified for vertical take off and land. They can carry everything else though and in many cases are more versatile than a classic carrier. One of them should be there. The Chinese need to be stood up to. Like any school yard bully. One hard smack in the mouth and they back off. Yes all the arguments about trade and how we "depend" on them. Bollocks. We can find other markets for our iron ore, other minerals and of course our wine. The Chinese are addicted to Australian wine and lots of other goodies they get from us. They are not going to let go of all that easily.
You are quite right KZ, You dont really need China,
Instead of exporting your coal and iron ore to them you could be
using it to make your own cars and warships etc?
You could become the next powerhouse of the east??
In fact l have wondered for some time why you are not allready??
Your thoughts on this please??

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top