Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 09:05 AM

Re: New camera needed, any recommendations please?

Hey Tess ... things to think about ....

Do you want it to fit in your coat pocket?
If so, Panasonic do a number of excellent little shooters.

Do you want/need a viewfinder?
Personally I don't have a problem composing using the rear screen.

Do you want a tilt screen? Do you find yourself taking pics from above your head or down near ground level?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 09:08 AM

Rs, thanks for that but as technical jargon just confuses me I'd rather get people's opinions, some may have tried different cameras in the past.

That Nikon looks good so does the Panasonic. They are the sort of results I want.

I think weight and how easy it is to hold steady will be an issue that I need to look at.
If I can narrow things down to just a couple then I will chose easier.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Hey Tess ... things to think about ....

Do you want it to fit in your coat pocket?
If so, Panasonic do a number of excellent little shooters.

Do you want/need a viewfinder?
Personally I don't have a problem composing using the rear screen.

Do you want a tilt screen? Do you find yourself taking pics from above your head or down near ground level?
Dood, I dont use the veiwfinder, because I'd need to put my glasses on and off to look at what I'm snapping. Tilt screen would confuse me, like trying to do the back of your hair!

Yes, pocket size would be good, my camera jiggles about when I walk with it round my neck. I'm a bit impulsive and need to snap things instantly, not fiddle.

My phone is ok, but you have got to put in a pattern before you use it, then swipe and find the camera icon, poor zoom, things are often gone by then, like the buzzard yesterday

I'm always looking up and down and under and into things to find something unusual.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 09:17 AM

For years I used Canon Cameras, I couldn't see past them. I got arthritis in my hands last year and found just how heavy the Canons are, I sold all my equipment and now have 2 Lumix Cameras, one I keep in the car it's only a 12x Zoom but it's a grand wee camera. The other, my good one, is a 60x Zoom and it's a cracker, half the weight of the Canons and a point and zoom feature if I want to use it, I often do and I wish I'd changed. Years ago.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
For years I used Canon Cameras, I couldn't see past them. I got arthritis in my hands last year and found just how heavy the Canons are, I sold all my equipment and now have 2 Lumix Cameras, one I keep in the car it's only a 12x Zoom but it's a grand wee camera. The other, my good one, is a 60x Zoom and it's a cracker, half the weight of the Canons and a point and zoom feature if I want to use it, I often do and I wish I'd changed. Years ago.
Hey Roxy ... I'm just looking and the different Panasonic Lumix cameras on the market, but x60 zoom?! What's the model please.

I'm wondering if that's x30 Optical Zoom doubled by "Digital Zoom".
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Rs, thanks for that but as technical jargon just confuses me I'd rather get people's opinions, some may have tried different cameras in the past.

That Nikon looks good so does the Panasonic. They are the sort of results I want.

I think weight and how easy it is to hold steady will be an issue that I need to look at.
If I can narrow things down to just a couple then I will chose easier.
Nothing technical about my post, just plain common sense . If you don't understand then you may well end up getting a camera totally unsuitable.

How are you even going to understand a camera menu I wonder then? what is technical about going into a camera shop and seeing which camera you prefer??????

you would not go into a shop and pick up a bag of apples not knowing if they are cookers or eaters would you
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Hey Roxy ... I'm just looking and the different Panasonic Lumix cameras on the market, but x60 zoom?! What's the model please.

I'm wondering if that's x30 Optical Zoom doubled by "Digital Zoom".
No it's the Panasonic Lumis DC.FX82. Lots about it here, and some You Tubes too.

https://www.google.com/search?source...sclient=psy-ab

TessA
Official Poinker
UK

06-05-2020, 11:03 AM

I don't understand a camera menu!
I just point and shoot!
I think, if I could go to a camera shop they'd just try to sell me the most expensive, I get that with appliances and laptops

I don't want to get bogged down with appertures and settings, I just want a picture, I think art rather than tecnique.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 11:08 AM

I just point and shoot!
I think, if I could go to a camera shop they'd just try to sell me the most expensive, I get that with appliances and laptops

I don't want to get bogged down with appertures and settings, I just want a picture, I think art rather than tecnique.
I'm the same as you Tess, menu's mean nothing to me and all I want is a point and shoot with no complications and is easy to use. A decent picture is all I ask of a camera!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 11:09 AM

I just point and shoot!

Just like me Tess. You can fit the TZ 60 into a pocket too, though I do have a case for mine, I guess it's the same size as the TZ 80, it looks as if it is. Mine has things on it you can do things with but I tend to leave it on iA, intelligent mode, it does it all for you.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top