Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 08:28 AM

Re: Germany New LOCKDOWN.

I'm staying home....regardless of any easing it's just too dangerous in my opinion.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 09:58 AM

Me? I've got a nasty feeling that a strategy based on allowing the Chinese Plague to decide who will live and who will die while governments attempt to control the rate at which this happens has been adopted. "Herd immunity" may end up being the only way to deal with this after all.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 09:59 AM

The UK is made up of four Nations, The advice was "Stay at Home". One Nation decided to change that advice, so why is it the other three are being accused of being different?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	96511953_3504170389599981_1045623733970010112_o.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	12596  
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
The UK is made up of four Nations, The advice was "Stay at Home". One Nation decided to change that advice, so why is it the other three are being accused of being different?
The UK is one island with a province. To deal with this disaster it must be dealt with as a single island and support for the province. This Chinese plague didn't give a toss about nations.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 10:40 AM

Havers, What stage it is at in London is different from other places. Why should we all follow Boris over the edge. It's too soon for some.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-05-2020, 11:01 AM

Havers, What stage it is at in London is different from other places. Why should we all follow Boris over the edge. It's too soon for some.
Scotland is dependent on the economy of England.

Restoration of the English economy must be a huge factor in any and all policies adopted.

Keep in mind if the English economy sneezes Scotland gets pneumonia.

Or worse.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

13-05-2020, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Scotland is dependent on the economy of England.

Restoration of the English economy must be a huge factor in any and all policies adopted.

Keep in mind if the English economy sneezes Scotland gets pneumonia.

Or worse.
You can argue, twist, annoy all you like but you won't change the fact that the Virus started in or around London (in the uk) and did not get up here till a couple of weeks later. That makes us behind yourselves in the progress of the illness, and we should not come out of lockdown for a wee while yet. I am not going to argue with you, because you won't change how I feel nor will I go against the FM's orders.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	_112237323_national.png.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	12598  
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-05-2020, 12:13 PM

You can argue, twist, annoy all you like but you won't change the fact that the Virus started in or around London (in the uk) and did not get up here till a couple of weeks later. That makes us behind yourselves in the progress of the illness, and we should not come out of lockdown for a wee while yet. I am not going to argue with you, because you won't change how I feel nor will I go against the FM's orders.
There's uncertainty just where the Whoo Floo started in the UK but London certainly is a place with the most people affected BUT BoJo is dealing with the whole of England, much of which has very few cases, and the same approach should be applied across the WHOLE of the UK because of the importance of the English economy which is the principle source of money for the WHOLE of the UK.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 12:24 PM

Tourism in London was most likely the cause in how it got here, then moved around the country into Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland.

Funny how wee nippy and her followers are trying to gain political points out of this crisis. It was only about a year ago they were calling for a national party of unity, now they are faced with a real crisis they haven't a clue what to do, saying they will do something different and then following what the government recommends, using cheap shots and sneers to try and gain political points at the expense of saving lives.

PPE is an all time favourite for the government bashing SNP. Someone might remind them that health and welfare is devolved and its nothing to do with Westminster.

Labour on the other hand did nothing for 4 months because they put process over country by doing nothing about having an effective opposition and instead concentrating on their leadership election.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They are not advising people to buy masks now. They are giving advice on how to make them yourself from t shirts etc. They could have done this weeks ago. It's beyond me why they kept using the "science" as an excuse.

Now the message is use your common sense. Well common sense told us all along that a face covering is better than no face covering. The rest of the world locked down, we knew better then we locked down, the rest of the world wore masks and we knew better, etc. It's the spin that we are fed that annoys me.

Unions are up in arms at the go back to work message without any warning or chance to prepare. Seems to be panic and impulse that is driving strategy rather than balanced judgement. I don't feel confidence in the direction of travel. They should have carried out a consultation.
Or had another referendum eh Annie??

Donkeyman! 😇😇

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top