Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 07:50 AM

Re: My Vet

Without the care, from you and your vet, little Mups probably would have departed this life already.

I am sure you will be encouraging her to eat, with the treats she enjoys, so stay positive & I hope you will be telling us that she is eating better once the antibiotics do their job.

for Little Mups
for you
for your lovely vet!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 09:10 AM

Aw Mups the good thing is you have found the ulcers. The ABs should clear them up very soon and your lovely girl will be feeling better again.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 09:22 AM

What a lovely vet Mups. Like others have said I do hope your little dog feels better soon - I'm sure she will once the antibiotics kick in.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 05:29 PM

Here's hoping that the ulcers were the problem. I'm sure it would prevent her from eating comfortably.

Here's a big cuddle for you both.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 09:45 PM

What a lovely kind caring man he sounds Mups. I'll wager there aren't many like him. You are truly blessed to have him on hand and know you can rely on him.

I'm sorry your lovely 'old lady' is poorly. It's such a worry and I do feel for you. I join the others in wishing her well.

May I also add that I had no idea you had lost Izzy. I'm so sorry Mups xx
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
What a lovely kind caring man he sounds Mups. I'll wager there aren't many like him. You are truly blessed to have him on hand and know you can rely on him.

I'm sorry your lovely 'old lady' is poorly. It's such a worry and I do feel for you. I join the others in wishing her well.

May I also add that I had no idea you had lost Izzy. I'm so sorry Mups xx

Thank you Pesta. I did write about my Iz at the time.
I won't say any more, it still upsets me, but it's here if you wanted to see.

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=66603
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 10:33 PM

I want to thank everyone for their very kind thoughts and good wishes for my furry Mups. I am sure sending collective good thoughts into the ether helps.
I can now give you a progress report.

She is a minx for taking pills of any sort, she always has been.
She is one of those who is highly suspicious of anything different and sniffs and examines things very carefully.
Yesterday I broke her tablet into quarters and hid the tiny segments in little bits of grated cheese rolled into tiny balls (she is partial to a bit of cheese). It worked.
Today she was having none of it though. She wasnt going to be fooled twice!

So after trying to hide them in pieces of cooked chicken, then small bits of lamb, then small bits of cream cheese - all to no avail - eventually she decided to eat them mixed in her favourite honey yoghurt.

I wouldn't normally pander to their demands so much, but she had lost all interest in food, and has got such a bag of bones, that I do all but write a menu for her now!

She had not been breathing well, and kept doing really huge, voilent sneezes the last week or so, sometimes sneezing so hard she would bang her face on the floor. This evening however, I have noticed her breathing is easier, and when I started to get the other dogs tea, she actually got out of bed and came over to ask for hers!!
She ate a decent amount of cooked chicken then, and a small biscuit treat for pud.
A heck of an improvement, though I am frightened of getting too carried away. . .

She has been walking about more today too. Previously she was spending about 22 hrs a day in bed, mostly in a deep sleep, but today she went poddling out in the garden a couple of times, and even went to inspect a chap who was doing a job for me. She would have shown no interest in doing this a few days back.

This won't sound much to some, but it was a noticeable improvement that she was showing a little more interest in the outside world again.
She is sound asleep next to my legs as I write, and she is not snuffling or wheezing at all. Her ulcers do not look quite so inflamed as they were a few days back either.

I know pills can't make her young again, but she is improving slowly, and at the moment that is all I am praying for.

Thank you once again lovely people, for your kind thoughts and understanding. x x x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-05-2020, 10:35 PM

P.S. I know it is very unseasonal, but this is my furry Mups one Christmas when she was a little younger.
My little beauty.

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you Pesta. I did write about my Iz at the time.
I won't say any more, it still upsets me, but it's here if you wanted to see.

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=66603
Mups x

Lovely to read your latest update on Furry Mups, Mups, with the improvements in her feeding and taking interest in having a mooch. She'll be feeling so much better with a little food inside her too.
Perhaps the ulcers could have been leaking pus in her tummy which would have upset her system. Good to hear they aren't so inflamed!

I can almost picture her cuddling in by your feet.
Now she seems a littler perkier and things are evening out, you try and get some proper sleep tonight young lady.

xx
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 11:10 PM

Mups, that is wonderful news! Our little furries leave their paw prints all over our hearts and it is such a worry when they are unwell. Big hugs to you both!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top