Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 12:06 PM

Re: Wow! What's Come Over Online Businesses??

SG the service is excellent from many companies now with a tracking facility and timed delivery.

The Post Office seem the worse for delivery at the moment, they left my fresh yeast (wrapped in a cold pouch) in their delivery centre for 5 days and it was ruined and some socks sat outside York for 5 days too.

I buy just about everything online now.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 12:10 PM

Rinkin delivery arrived! Tsk, Tsk, 15 minutes later than notified. Ah well, I think I can let Gary off as he was very nice.
Very impressed so far, not sure whether it was because I was a new customer to both companies, even so, I will be shopping with them again for sure if this is the level of service they are now using. Rinkin is Swedish, Pets at Home British, well done both.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi Zuludog, have you tried Etsy, I know they do Japanese knives for leather cutting because I've just looked and they do have them but don't know if they are the ones youaare seeking. I like Etsy as it was always my 'go to' when searching for items.
Thanks for that

Yes, I have found them on Etsy but I've never used it and I wasn't sure how easy it would be to use, or how reliable the suppliers would be

Something I have noticed about Etsy and Amazon is that you must pay attention to details
Often the supplier will be in Japan, South Korea, or China
That does not necessarily mean that the items are poor quality, but you must consider the prices

Shipping charges may or may not be included in the price
On arrival in the UK there will be 20% VAT, and Royal Mail International Handling Charge - I got caught out by that when I ordered some items from www.goodsjapan.com

Recently I fancied some stitching chisels made by a company in Singapore
They were pricey enough to start with, but by the time I'd worked out the extras, they were just too expensive
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 12:32 PM

I wish we had a delivery company that could actually deliver on time

Parcel Force- Yodel- Tuffnells I wonder how they exist, their delivery service is vertually non existant. Lost packages -delivered to wrong address no indication when to expect a delivery in some cases.

Even postie has just now (12.30 am) put a letter to us in the wrong house, thank goodness we have great neighbours, and we clearly have our house number displayed where it can't be missed

What we want is a company that can actually do their job, Unfortunately there arn't any , at least in this area.

All I know if my work with BT was so shoddy I would have been quickly kicked out. Or not have built up a huge number of clients from virtually zero to 5,500 with our animal boarding business

They don't seem to care anymore
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 12:47 PM

I'm very pleased with all online deliveries so far.

It will be our daughter's Silver Wedding Anniversary at the beginning of July and I've been concerned about finding a present and card for the occasion beforehand. A few weeks ago I ordered a beautiful Waterford Crystal Glass fruit bowl from Amazon for them, giving plenty of time for delivery .... I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived safely three days later - full marks to Amazon!

Last Monday evening I found a lovely Silver Wedding Anniversary Pop-up card on the internet, sent my order (they are made to order) and it arrived this morning, safely packaged in a 13" x 9" firm cardboard box. Another satisfied customer!

The only difficulty I've had is with ordering face masks but that is only to be expected in these difficult times as I'm going nowhere in a hurry! I've received them now after 5 weeks which to me is fair after the huge demand they have had.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:20 PM

Homebase, dreadful, gave up and got a refund, then had phone call weeks later saying delivering that day so refused it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top