Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 02:40 PM

Needle between DC & NF

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...referendum-spt

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...ngs-statement/

Rivals and two of a kind. Both have broken lockdown.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 04:56 PM

Re: Needle between DC & NF

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ittle-man.html

From earlier in this year, if Dominic Cummings were to stand in election against Nigel Farage, would be an intriguing contest.

Guess it would go to the one who had the most influential friends.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 05:13 PM

Isn't one-upmanship a terrible affliction.

Seriously ... I thought it was Nige who pretty much made Brexit happen, who swung public opinion towards Brexit and was a joy to watch in the European parliament.

(Quote from the link to the Express above).
In a tweet unearthed by Express.co.uk, the Brexit guru wrote: "Farage and the idiots around him came within a whisker of losing us the referendum."

At least Nige can stand alone without hiding behind a PM for protection.
A PM, who, unless memory serves me false, at the time held off to the last minute and dithered about rather embarrassingly before declaring which side he was batting for ... Brexiteers or Remainers.

I admit I'm biased. I rather like Nige. Give me Nige any day. There's something slimy about Cummings.
Ever watched his eyes and spotted the barely restrained sneer and irritation at any questioning from mere mortals with a lower IQ.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

28-05-2020, 05:31 PM

Does have a short fuse, just about managed to hold it together in press interview.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 05:55 PM

Probably is some rivalry between the two, but DC did not force
Nige to withdraw half his candidates pre election time did he?
But he probably influenced Boris to ignore Nigel when the election
was delivered?
I fully expected the two to get together to form some sort of
coalition? So room for animosity there l believe!
Personally l would have preferred Nigel, but we are where we are
and l am quite happy about the approach and the ever increasing
prospects of a clean break??
But as they say, theres many a slip
Twixt cup and lip!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 06:00 PM

DC talks utter bull in my opinion. If it wasn't for Farage the country would never have had a referendum in the first place and the UK would still be in the EU. As for the referendum itself, if Boris had stayed the figure head for Vote Leave, the vote margin would have been 60-40 towards vote leave but Boris stepped down as the voting date got closer. Without their figure head, people's views changed and they started to doubt the strength of vote leave.

If Farage had been the figure head for vote leave, vote remain would not have got anywhere near the votes they did. Farage proved he could talk the talk, he oozed confidence because he knew what he was talking about because he had done his research. Farage as vote leave boss, vote leave would have walked the referendum easily.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

28-05-2020, 07:19 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Cummings

In July 2017, the lawyer and political commentator, David Allen Green, asked Cummings via Twitter, "Is there anything which could now happen (or not happen) which would make you now wish Leave had not won the referendum result?" Cummings replied, "Lots! I said before REF was dumb idea, other things should have been tried first".
"Other things" whatever may those have been. Hmm...

Cummings's past rivalry with Nigel Farage from the 2016 referendum campaign, Farage quoted as saying that: "He has never liked me. He can't stand the ERG. I can't see him coming to any accommodation with anyone. He has huge personal enmity with the true believers in Brexit".
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
DC talks utter bull in my opinion. If it wasn't for Farage the country would never have had a referendum in the first place and the UK would still be in the EU. As for the referendum itself, if Boris had stayed the figure head for Vote Leave, the vote margin would have been 60-40 towards vote leave but Boris stepped down as the voting date got closer. Without their figure head, people's views changed and they started to doubt the strength of vote leave.

If Farage had been the figure head for vote leave, vote remain would not have got anywhere near the votes they did. Farage proved he could talk the talk, he oozed confidence because he knew what he was talking about because he had done his research. Farage as vote leave boss, vote leave would have walked the referendum easily.
I know we are on the same side dodge! But l have never heard
Cummings express his views openly to the public??
So l am unable to tell if he is a bull sh- - -er or not?
Like yourself l also supported Nigel 100% but l think he made a
mistake in withdrawing half his candidates before the election and
thus robbed me of my vote and forced me to vote for Boris?
However, it seems Boris &co are following their mandate and l shall
continue to support them untill we get completely out?
I think we can agree that so far, Boris has done better than expected?

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

28-05-2020, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Cummings

"Other things" whatever may those have been. Hmm...
Dont you agree that it was a dumb idea cinders??
Must be the last thing a politition should do?
Let the electorate decide policy???

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

28-05-2020, 09:42 PM

Will Brexit be what electorate voted for?

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/e...t-negotiations

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top