Join for free
Page 347 of 370 « First < 247 297 337 345 346 347 348 349 357 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 12:28 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

All of this pent-up energy seems to diminish with age Surfermom. The mind is willing but the flesh is weak.... And once I get sat down with this computer after a run with some hot porridge steaming in the bowl, all my plans of an industrious day seem to evaporate....

After yesterday's mudfest on the lane I decided to keep my shoes clean and do a nice road course. At six miles it's a bit longer than my usual route, but hey, I've never been one to turn down an extra mile or two. It was going well as I left the village, a bit nippy but not freezing, and a beautiful red hue in the eastern sky just before sunrise.

Then suddenly I noticed the odd slip and slide and realised that out in the country it was a degree or too colder, and the still damp roads had a thin layer of ice. There were some places where traction was good but I had to be careful, one lapse of concentration and I would have been sitting rather than running...

The run went without incident and although it took me a few more minutes to do the extra mile, I didn't have to spend time cleaning my shoes at the end... A very enjoyable 6 miles......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 03:31 PM

Just back from North Carolina where my only opportunity to run was in a hotel gym, thanks to fog and mist putting an icy glaze on most every running surface.

I am back home though, with my laces are tied and the rest of me covered in burqa black so as not to worry about the mud. Much of the soils running along the coastlines here are "ultisols," Latin for "Made-of-rust-staining-everything." Yes, it's still a muddy mess here after a weak. Nothing to do but ignore it, run, and break out the firehoses afterwards.

0.0 today, but I hope to report back with a few digits ahead of that decimal.

Thanks for the inspiration, OGF. No excuses!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 09:29 PM

There is nothing like having to be in swimwear in a couple of weeks to light fire under my feet. The mirror tells no lies.

Actually, it was just beautiful out yesterday with overcast skies and cool temperatures conducive for running. When it was time to wind down, I decided to continue on. A few bends in the road later, taking the right fork, being drawn on to the marshy pond, and then past the blooming pecan trees, it was finally a matter of time that made me turn around.

What a surprise when I ran my best distance of the year: 9.44 miles. I'd say 9.5, but that would be cheating .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

25-02-2020, 06:36 AM

It seems that my guardian angel was in league with Mother Nature today as I started to run, only to get rained out, four separate times. Fifth attempt was a charm though and though it was sloppy, it felt great to beat my two nemeses for the day.

5.5 miles, and it's Spring! The azaleas are in full bloom.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

26-02-2020, 06:59 AM

The sun was in and out, and so was I with a zillion things to do before getting ready for an impromptu trip for some sun and adventure. I am hoping that with a break from inundating responsibilities, I can carve out plenty of running every day. Strange as it sounds, if I run before I fly, I feel less stiff and more relaxed. 5.5 slow but steady miles.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

10-03-2020, 03:33 AM

No, no, no. This thread shall not die. Spring is upon us, so it's time to get moving. My shoes are soggy from poorly timed beach running and I am chubby from all the good foot, but there are no excuses to be made.

4 sad miles due to a late arrival. Pace: pathetic. Mood: happy!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 11:47 AM

After missing Tuesday's run due to a badly swelled and painful ankle you would have thought that all that pent up energy would have propelled me to a personal best this morning....

Unfortunately that was not the case, and I felt like a carthorse bumbling round a nice and dry five mile route. How I managed to get home without having to walk I'll never know.... I'll give it another go tomorrow...

The ankle? I hear you say......No problem at all, although it was still swelled a bit, and my left shoe felt like a size too small, it gave me no pain or problems.
My right 'Gouty' toe on the other hand (or foot if you like) ached all the way round, and when I showed it to Doctor Roberts....() on Monday, she reckons that I've got arthritis in the joint as well.....

Nice running by the way Surfermon, you should count yourself lucky, dry out yer shoes, and lay off of the pies and you should be just fine....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
After missing Tuesday's run due to a badly swelled and painful ankle you would have thought that all that pent up energy would have propelled me to a personal best this morning....

Unfortunately that was not the case, and I felt like a carthorse bumbling round a nice and dry five mile route. How I managed to get home without having to walk I'll never know.... I'll give it another go tomorrow...

The ankle? I hear you say......No problem at all, although it was still swelled a bit, and my left shoe felt like a size too small, it gave me no pain or problems.
My right 'Gouty' toe on the other hand (or foot if you like) ached all the way round, and when I showed it to Doctor Roberts....() on Monday, she reckons that I've got arthritis in the joint as well.....

Nice running by the way Surfermon, you should count yourself lucky, dry out yer shoes, and lay off of the pies and you should be just fine....
I do wonder if someone is trying to tell you a message, Bob
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-03-2020, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I do wonder if someone is trying to tell you a message, Bob
You could be right Mags, there's definitely something wrong.
I've just completed another awkward run, in a series of awkward runs. I was all over the place and never found the pace I was looking for....

And it didn't end there. I could only manage 30 pressups and my five minutes of 'Eyeballs Out' on the exercise bike turned into a pathetic struggle.....

It looks like being a short, slow run on Sunday.....
I'm just so tired......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You could be right Mags, there's definitely something wrong.
I've just completed another awkward run, in a series of awkward runs. I was all over the place and never found the pace I was looking for....

And it didn't end there. I could only manage 30 pressups and my five minutes of 'Eyeballs Out' on the exercise bike turned into a pathetic struggle.....

It looks like being a short, slow run on Sunday.....
I'm just so tired......
Bob, I do think you should have a good check over with your Doctor before you force more runs on yourself.
Meanwhile try to cut your running down by half for now, you can always build yourself up again when you feel better and your doctor agrees.

Page 347 of 370 « First < 247 297 337 345 346 347 348 349 357 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top