Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 11:22 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Only "Ashley's" experience Ash Dieback.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
So what if by some accident of fate an individuals life slowly started to reverse and instead of getting older he started to get younger every day until he finally “Died in reverse” in other words he went right back down to the nothing he was before he was conceived, I believe that’s what actually happens to us when we die-go back to the nothing we were before we were “made”
A good science fiction writer could have a field day with a subject like this, the possibilities of adventure, tragedy, romance, conflict, and comedy here are endless and i would be one of the first to buy the book.
Oscar Wilde’s Dorian Gray would be left in the shade.

]
Brilliant film Dorian Gray

Like many I suppose I would like to choose the parts of my life that I go back too as some parts I know I could never survive no matter how many times I returned.

I do wonder though what the author of our lives was thinking at the time when they wrote our personnal stories
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
oo that's made me fancy some Tangerine Dream
Aaaah Tangerine Dream. As I was very interested in electronic music saw them in 60's Germany when they were The Ones. Went on to great things and influenced other Krautrock groups like Kraftwerk etc

Tom Dissevelt & Kid Baltan..enjoy those early day

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 10:38 PM

And there was me thinking a Tangerine Dream was an orange and cream trifle, just shows you how much I know about music.
Speaking of oranges, I saw a photo of Trump caught off guard as he was standing sideways and his orange face makeup became ever so clear when the wind blew his yellow hair to one side and exposed his white ears and neck, it even showed the old scar at the back of his neck where his brain was removed, what a vain man he is for his age, I read he does his own make up and a lousy job he makes of it too, he may be good with his mouth but he’s a dead loss with his hands, God protect us all.

The son was telling me he sent away for a “Solar’ keyboard, don’t ask me how it’s supposed to work in Ireland, if ever the expression “I hope it keeps fine for you” was appropriate this is it. I wonder if they have solar mice, well why not, they have lunar mice on the moon nibbling at the cheese.

How nice of Amazon to feature their hard toiling workers in their new ad, and what a happy bunch they all are too, especially the lady who looks forward to her free cake every Tuesday, isn’t it very generous of the multi billion dollar company to give them all a free tea cake every Tuesday, the pay might be lousy but they can still eat cake and like it, or lump it.
They must have nicked that idea from Ryanair, Michael O’leary has been giving his workers little treats for years now, every month they get a packet of peanuts, he calls them wages, ah well if the public want cheap flights I suppose someone has to suffer.

Now all stand up for the multi nationals anthem.

solo
UK

17-02-2020, 05:24 PM

Was a bit lost with your Amazon scribbles Jem..till I opened the TV papers and saw we are a day behind with our programmes. It's on tonight so I will have a peep

When we went to musical films back in the day you could merrily dance home without looking as though you needed locking up for being high on some forbidden substance or were suffering from questionable affliction. Ok attempting to doing the splits outside Woolworths may have been a bit extreme but you get my drift.

Dancing was elegant, fun and easy to copy so anyone could be their favourite star for a short time whilst tripping the light fantastic and boy didn't it make you feel good as well

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 10:18 PM

Lovely collection of moves and styles in that video Solo.

We as children who hadn’t always the money to see many films could always tell what type of film was showing by watching the actions of the kids coming out of the Saturday matinee, they would be either dancing (only girls would dance in the street back then ), fencing, shooting each other with pointed fingers, lobbing hand grenades over the garden hedges, howling like Tarzan or yelping like a pack of Indian braves. If they came out with their heads hung low and kicked at stones or the odd can on the road they did not enjoy the film, either because there was not enough action in it or there was too much kissing in it, that film was one to miss.
If they really enjoyed it the more excited they were and you could tell it was a good film without seeing it, and as soon as you could get the sixpence together you would go and see it yourself.
Yes you could learn a lot from those old ‘exit polls’ back then.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 07:59 AM

You do not mention the "Sensitive" types who exited the Cinema, the ones who did not run with the pack, no counselling back then.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

18-02-2020, 08:01 AM

There is one potential candidate in that photo, the one with the closed mouth.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

18-02-2020, 08:09 AM

Like that new Bond Theme, never heard of the singer though, strange name, Billy Eyelash!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

18-02-2020, 11:08 AM

Took a bit of adjusting to life on the Estate, I remember my first skirmish with the local scallywags, the ringleader concluding with the expected "My Dads bigger than your Dad" to which I replied "that may be a fact Old Chap but, my father is more Erudite than yours".

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top