Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 02:09 PM

Re: How Can I Soften Hard Supermarket Strawberries?

Art I would wash them, sprinkle with lemon juice then put them in the bin and wait for June
It serves you right for buying imported rubbish the only strawberries worth eating are British strawberries. Whatever you do to your strawberries I feel they will disappoint.

The best strawberries in the world are grown in the UK. I am a fan of eating within season where possible and wouldn't dream of buying inferior foreign imposter
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I bought three punnets of strawberries (Egyptian) from Sainsburys yesterday and they are so hard!
Please would anyone know if it's possible to soften them?
Get your mallet out Art!!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Art I would wash them, sprinkle with lemon juice then put them in the bin and wait for June
It serves you right for buying imported rubbish the only strawberries worth eating are British strawberries. Whatever you do to your strawberries I feel they will disappoint.

The best strawberries in the world are grown in the UK. I am a fan of eating within season where possible and wouldn't dream of buying inferior foreign imposter
Meg, I nearly followed your advice to add the lemon juice! Strawberries are 'fat busters' and l need them for all l ate at Christmas!
Besides, they were only 49p a punnet as they were selling them off!!
Me no daft, me no stupid!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lochsong ->
Get your mallet out Art!!!

Ha! Lochsong, that made me laugh!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:40 PM

Meg, I nearly followed your advice to add the lemon juice! Strawberries are 'fat busters' and l need them for all l ate at Christmas!
I think also sometimes if you just fancy something have it. What a wonderful world we live in these days strawberries in December.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 05:25 PM

"Yes, it is the wrong time of the year but I just fancied some strawberries and cream to treat myself with some champagne l got for Christmas!" Quote Artangel.

Get a grip on yerself woman! where do you think you are Wimbledon in July? I hope it keeps fine for yeh,
Throw out those tasteless berries and get yourself a good bowl of Irish stew, ideal for this miserable weather.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-12-2016, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
"Yes, it is the wrong time of the year but I just fancied some strawberries and cream to treat myself with some champagne l got for Christmas!" Quote Artangel.

Get a grip on yerself woman! where do you think you are Wimbledon in July? I hope it keeps fine for yeh,
Throw out those tasteless berries and get yourself a good bowl of Irish stew, ideal for this miserable weather.
Jem, With all the deaths lately, l am making the most of my life before my number is up!!
Yes, the strawberries are a bit tough and tasteless but a little of what you fancy does you good!!
I made turkey and vegetables soup but it's not as luxurious as strawberries and cream and champagne!!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 06:06 PM

Art no wonder they were selling them off at 49p...theyre crap!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 07:36 PM

I bought three punnets of strawberries (Egyptian) from Sainsburys yesterday and they are so hard!
Why would you want strawberries picked ages ago and shipped half way around the world ?!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-12-2016, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Art no wonder they were selling them off at 49p...theyre crap!!
Aysa, l had to take a double take there thinking you said, crop!! Ha!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top