Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 02:13 PM

Re: Low carb diet recipes?

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Years ago I would have agreed with Realist and stated that any type of diet won’t work but now I tend to disagree. Low carb diets DO tend to work and the easiest type of diet to go on to lose weight that’s also low carb is called a Paleo diet.
Understand your sentiment Bratti but the fact is, if you are starting on a "DIET" then by definition you are embarking on a TEMPORARY eating change and for that reason it will never work in terms of permanent weight loss.

There has to be a permanent eating change, a complete lifestyle change in order to undo the harms caused by a previous bad eating regime and lifestyle.

A permanent eating change, with the associated food and nutrition education, is NOT a diet.

Diets are temporary. They pretty much ALL result in some level of swift weight loss (often water related) but since the diet is not sustainable and eventually comes to an end, the former eating regime starts to reappear and the weight comes back on and sadly usually more weight is put on besides.

This is all very old hat, all well documented. The well known slimming clubs have an APPALLING record of its members managing to lose weight and keep it off permanently. More than 80% put the weight back on and a high percentage of those put on more weight besides.

Diets simply do not work. They are temporary changes effected by people who don't like what they have become but who still don't understand their bodies and what fuel their bodies actually need. Dieters are still living for themselves, feeding the monster instead of resigning themselves to the fact that the body is simply a machine which needs to treated in a certain way.

What we want, what we think we like to eat or don't like to eat is of no consequence whatsoever. What the body needs is all that counts. The body is our vessel in this universe/reality, it's vital that we realise that and look after it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Forgive me Longdogs but what you have described there is surely an Apsparagus Omelete not a quiche.

There surely needs to be a pastry flan/tart casing for it to be a quiche.
I just copied it from a book called The vegetarian low carb diet. I think it's called a quiche because it tends to rise in the oven and looks like a quiche without the crust, whereas an omelette doesn't rise.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 03:12 PM

Thanks for all the input peeps......
I'll be trying some of these recipes out and post some of my own as and when.

If this works and gets rid of some weight, I'll stick to it rather than go back to past eating habits. The recipes are tasty enough and it's not like you'd be going hungry.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->

If this works and gets rid of some weight, I'll stick to it rather than go back to past eating habits. The recipes are tasty enough and it's not like you'd be going hungry.
You will never feel hungry, bored yes but not hungry.

Plus you can eat lots of egg & bacon.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 03:54 PM

Understand your sentiment Bratti but the fact is, if you are starting on a "DIET" then by definition you are embarking on a TEMPORARY eating change and for that reason it will never work in terms of permanent weight loss.

There has to be a permanent eating change, a complete lifestyle change in order to undo the harms caused by a previous bad eating regime and lifestyle.

A permanent eating change, with the associated food and nutrition education, is NOT a diet.

Diets are temporary. They pretty much ALL result in some level of swift weight loss (often water related) but since the diet is not sustainable and eventually comes to an end, the former eating regime starts to reappear and the weight comes back on and sadly usually more weight is put on besides.

This is all very old hat, all well documented. The well known slimming clubs have an APPALLING record of its members managing to lose weight and keep it off permanently. More than 80% put the weight back on and a high percentage of those put on more weight besides.

Diets simply do not work. They are temporary changes effected by people who don't like what they have become but who still don't understand their bodies and what fuel their bodies actually need. Dieters are still living for themselves, feeding the monster instead of resigning themselves to the fact that the body is simply a machine which needs to treated in a certain way.

What we want, what we think we like to eat or don't like to eat is of no consequence whatsoever. What the body needs is all that counts. The body is our vessel in this universe/reality, it's vital that we realise that and look after it.
This may be true for YOU but for myself and many, many others it does work. I’m not going to say how much I lost because I don’t want to admit on open forum just how big I had gotten but I’ve kept it off now for almost 10 years. I’m between a size 4 & 6.

You can’t simply take statistics and bend them to suite your own thesis. There are too many variables to come to an exact conclusion. Certainly not all diets are the same. I speak not just from education but from personal experience but I do respect that you disagree.

And for the record your info is very dated. The use of the term diet does NOT mean to restrict calories . That isn’t the true meaning of diet which might be contributing to your misunderstanding.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->

I.ve changed my attitude to food and I eat really healthily. I have lost a la large amount of weight since I started my new healthy eating plan and I never get bored as I eat a wide variety of foods and cook myself . I bought a soup bible which has some fab soup recipes.

My pallette has now got accustomed to good food and I rarely eat junk as my body no longer likes it. I feel tons better on myself and people have started to remark how good my skin looks. I exercise either walking or swimming .

I bought myself a fitness tracker land it's really gotten me even more motivated and I find myself aiming for better fitness . It's doable fender. I wish you luck x
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I.ve changed my attitude to food and I eat really healthily. I have lost a la large amount of weight since I started my new healthy eating plan and I never get bored as I eat a wide variety of foods and cook myself . I bought a soup bible which has some fab soup recipes.

My pallette has now got accustomed to good food and I rarely eat junk as my body no longer likes it. I feel tons better on myself and people have started to remark how good my skin looks. I exercise either walking or swimming .

I bought myself a fitness tracker land it's really gotten me even more motivated and I find myself aiming for better fitness . It's doable fender. I wish you luck x
Which soup bible did you get?
I love soups - one of my specialities..
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 05:41 PM

I’ve kept it off now for almost 10 years. I’m between a size 4 & 6.
Let's be fair then, you made a life change to your eating regime.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 06:04 PM

Let's be fair then, you made a life change to your eating regime.
No let’s be fair .....
For decades now the term diet has been used incorrectly.
People can have a diet of junk food
People can have a vegetarian diet
People can have a Paleo diet

When someone asks if they can change their diet to help lose weight that doesn’t necessarily mean to restrict calories. In fact restricting calories is the worst thing to do considering the body thrives off of homeostasis. It doesn’t like change and most weight lost is indeed mainly from water loss etc. I don’t dispute your information. What I’m disputing is information and education about food combining to lose weight can be outdated and there is new information out there now that proves that proper food combing is key to speeding up the metabolism.
. Most people who change their diet without trying to restrict calories but by eating the proper foods and combining the right foods along with moderate exercise are proven to have lasting results not only in losing weight but in gaining better health.

Changing ones diet to lose weight doesn’t mean restricting calories. In fact, usually more calories are eaten not vice versa.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-06-2018, 06:08 PM

No let’s be fair .....
For decades now the term diet has been used incorrectly.
People can have a diet of junk food
People can have a vegetarian diet
People can have a Paleo diet

When someone asks if they can change their diet to help lose weight that doesn’t necessarily mean to restrict calories. In fact restricting calories is the worst thing to do considering the body thrives off of homeostasis. It doesn’t like change and most weight lost is indeed mainly from water loss etc. I don’t dispute your information. What I’m disputing is the knowledge and education about food combining to lose weight and it has come a long way. Most people who change their diet without trying to restrict calories but by eating the proper foods and combining the right foods along with moderate exercise are proven to have lasting results not only in losing weight but in gaining better health.

Changing ones diet to lose weight doesn’t mean restricting calories. In fact, usually more calories are eaten not vice versa.
Yes, in fact a low carb diet involves consuming more calories because it is high fat but the body somehow adjusts to deal with it. When I was on it, I was concerned that my cholesterol might have increased so i had a test and it had, in fact decreased to 4.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top