Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 01:20 PM

Re: Hair Style

The last time I went to a hairdresser was 2010. My hair was quite long and a complete pain to look after, it's thick and wavy and can't be blow dried as it goes like straw.

My husband had just died and I felt like I had no control over anything, but my hair was one thing I could do something about so I had it all chopped off, it was quite severe but made life a lot easier.

After that I let it grow until earlier this year by which time it was down to my waist and again, a complete pain. So one day I stood in front of the mirror with my scissors and chopped it off just above shoulder length.

The idea was to take the length out then go to a hairdresser and get it layered but I was actually quite pleased with how it looked as I'd done it, like a long bob, so I didn't bother with the hairdresser

It's getting long again now so the scissors will be out soon.

I don't have much grey (thanks Mum, good genes) so don't bother with colouring or anything.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 01:51 PM

I think a solid colour is too much and doesn't suit these days, hence the platinum streaks. My hair is about half and half. I find the light softens out the dark.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 02:27 PM

It's really a rip off in ladies haircuts .

For a simple dry cut £20+

No styling just a straight trim

While men get away with half the price at the barbers.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 02:57 PM

I've always kept my hair short , sometimes I like a choppy cut so it looks a bit messy and spiky . Up until this year I was pink and violet but decided this year to calm my hair a little ,so at the moment I've allowed my silver grey to come through and I actually like it .

My hairdresser comes to dry cut me every 5 weeks and I pay £12 .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I think a solid colour is too much and doesn't suit these days, hence the platinum streaks. My hair is about half and half. I find the light softens out the dark.

Beautiful hair,Rox.

I am going to a professional,because imo you get a much better cut,..I always used to travel to Winchester,French connection,he was a fantastic hairdresser,..also a celebrity hairdresser,..
Guy Kremer,his name was.

i believe you get what you pay for.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
My hair was last trimmed in 1989, I can't remember what it cost. I do know she made a hash of it and I had to go back and have it cut shorter to hide the chunks she'd accidentally cut out.

It is now quite long and I just wear it in a long plait on one side.
You have beautiful hair, Morti!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
You are younger than I imagined.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Sunroof. No.3 cut once a month.
sounds cool
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

23-06-2019, 07:24 PM

short back and sides once every six weeks.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:45 PM

I hate getting my hair cut as I am never ever happy with the result, I hate having my hair washed in that back to front sink which digs into your shoulders, I can't stand the intimacy of having a sensual head massage I did not ask for from someone I do not know from Adam, I really hate having someone blow dry it for half an hour when it takes me less than five minutes. I particularly hate having one of those rough dries where they use their fingers (what's that all about?). I wait as long as possible between cuts, usually 3 months. My hair is usually perfect just before a haircut.

My worst hair cutting experience (there are many!) was giving the hairdresser a photo of what I wanted and ending up looking like I'd been scalped. It took ages to grow out. I once cut my hair myself when I was 12 years old and my mum had cut it short, I decided to cut it shorter, then shorter because one side didn't match the other, this went on a while... the school pictures are still there somewhere as evidence of my foolery.

My hair has a "natural wave" which I blow dry straight. The "natural wave" is like a living creature and has a life of its own. Somehow every night the "natural wave" comes out when I am sleeping so when I wake it is sticking up in waves in every direction like I've had a perm in my sleep! Also if it's windy or raining the "natural wave" is awoken during the day to cause chaos. I sometimes imagine the "natural wave" laughing like a cheeky minx at my distress.

I've also had highlights for years which cost £75 to £100 a time but it's worth it because it always cheers me up. The highlights stick two fingers up at the "natural wave" so money well spent.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top