Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 01:15 PM

Re: Interesting take on climate change

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Why don't we hear scientists like this on the 'Unbiased' media....?

https://judithcurry.com/2019/12/14/t...limate-change/
Just read the article OGF,, And it confirms most of my own beliefs!
It also confirms my opinions about the hysterical reactions of
certain activists! It seems society is going through a period of
anxiety disorder which also manifested its self during brexit?
Regards Donkeyman!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 01:59 PM

I've just returned from a mini cruise to Honfleur in France. The town is situated on the southbank at the mouth of the Seine. On the North bank, for as far as the eye can see (which isn't far because of the dense smog) is an absolutely massive power plant with numerous chimneys all spewing smoke into the air. I realised I had visited the area as a child and played on the beach there......................Le Havre!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
"Climate change is going to kill me"! I agree that there are quite a number of people, usually young, who are too stupid for their own good. Let them worry their little socks off, if that makes them feel better, but we should give them absolutely no credence.

On the other hand, regarding the author of this piece (Judith Curry, whoever she is), anyone who spells 'night' as 'nite' has lost any credence from me as well!
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 03:04 PM

The problem is that the overwhelming majority of climate scientist believe that we are in trouble from man made climate change. The overwhelming majority of the big polluters tell us it is not real. Why would you believe entities that depend on pollution for profits over the science? When you are sick you go to a doctor, not the shopping mall.

Short term profits is what drives polluters, they don't give a rat's ass what happens in 20, 50, or a hundred years. Oil companies have been preparing for the effects of sea level rise in the Southern US for several years. They speak with forked tongue.....

A one meter sea level rise displaces 13,000,000 people in the US.

A two meter sea level rise places all of the major population centers in my state (Florida) under water. What do you think that displacing 15,000,000 people and their cities would cost in terms of dollars or in social costs? And that is just in Florida. The same situation affects nearly the entire population of the Eastern and Southern Seaboard of the US.

You have to remember that just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that no one is out to get you.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
"Climate change is going to kill me"! I agree that there are quite a number of people, usually young, who are too stupid for their own good. Let them worry their little socks off, if that makes them feel better, but we should give them absolutely no credence.

On the other hand, regarding the author of this piece (Judith Curry, whoever she is), anyone who spells 'night' as 'nite' has lost any credence from me as well!
Regarding the spelling JBR, she is probably american? I hope that
does'nt mean you are prdudiced against all yanks because of
their spelling?
Regards Donkeyman!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

On the other hand, regarding the author of this piece (Judith Curry, whoever she is)

Judith A. Curry is an American climatologist and former chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Curry
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 03:26 PM

Regarding the spelling JBR, she is probably american? I hope that
does'nt mean you are prdudiced against all yanks because of
their spelling?
Even educated Americans know how to write like an adult and not a trendy young person.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nite

PS, please check your own spelling as well!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-01-2020, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
The problem is that the overwhelming majority of climate scientist believe that we are in trouble from man made climate change. The overwhelming majority of the big polluters tell us it is not real. Why would you believe entities that depend on pollution for profits over the science? When you are sick you go to a doctor, not the shopping mall.

Short term profits is what drives polluters, they don't give a rat's ass what happens in 20, 50, or a hundred years. Oil companies have been preparing for the effects of sea level rise in the Southern US for several years. They speak with forked tongue.....

A one meter sea level rise displaces 13,000,000 people in the US.

A two meter sea level rise places all of the major population centers in my state (Florida) under water. What do you think that displacing 15,000,000 people and their cities would cost in terms of dollars or in social costs? And that is just in Florida. The same situation affects nearly the entire population of the Eastern and Southern Seaboard of the US.

You have to remember that just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that no one is out to get you.
Even accepting that scientists are correct in their assumptions (not indisputable proof), why is everybody accusing us? Whereas you are one of the top three nations in the world when it comes to pollution, we in the UK are well down the list, yet Greta and her brigade seem to prefer to concentrate on us!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-01-2020, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Judith A. Curry is an American climatologist and former chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Curry
Doesn't excuse her lack of proper English, whoever she is! An inability (or lack of interest) to spell correctly sends the message that you are equally inept in other respects!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 08:24 PM

Regards Donkeyman!
In nature species come and go. May the cause be nature or human. The dodo became extinct because humans ate them all. Has anyone really missed the dodo ever since? Became humans extinct because there were no dodo's to eat. Life adepts to the limit, and the human species has proved to be able to adept to many extreme conditions. From cold to hot, from dry to very wet.
But should, at some time in the future, the climate become so extreme as to be hostile to human life, another species will take our place. Perhaps insects? Or if the seas cover the earth, the dolphin might be a good successor. Very intelligent, going by their brains (larger, more complex than human brains), having a language to communicate. They seem to tell each other that god created them in his image.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top