Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 02:47 PM

Do You Put Milk Into Your Scrambled Eggs?

I saw this question on a cookery Forum and it made me think of how we must all have different ways of making it.
Milk or Cream is a definite No No when I make Scrambled Eggs for HWMO.

I use my non-stick omelette pan, whisk 2 eggs plus one yolk in a bowl, a pinch of salt, whisk it not until it gets bubbles though, just enough so that it is combined.
Melt a good knob of real butter in the pan, pour the eggs in and let it cook on low until the edges start to rise in little curds, draw the edges into the centre, take off heat, keep stirring and slanting the pan so the liquid reaches the edges of the pan, put back on heat, put toast in toaster (3 minutes) gently bring the last of the edge of egg to centre, before it is fully cooked take off heat as eggs will continue cooking.
Take toast out, quickly butter them, take warmed plates from oven, use my favourite spatula to pile the scrambled eggs onto toast, a few twists of black pepper and perhaps a tiny extra pinch of salt, and wallah! lovely soft scrambled egg on toast.

How do you cook yours? Do you add Milk or Cream? If so, why?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 02:53 PM

Re: Do You Put Milk Into Your Scrambled Eggs?

I add a tablespoonful or so to 2 I’m going to scramble in the microwave simply because the instruction book tells me to .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 03:03 PM

A spot of oil and a knob of butter (butter for flavour, the oil stops it burning). Break eggs into the frying pan whole and start to fry slowly, moving a spoon around, breaking up the white, keep the yokes whole till last couple of seconds, remove from heat, turn over and or leave with lid on for one minute. Chop, serve. No milk, no seasoning. Old Portuguese trick.

EDIT the result is more like chopped up fried eggs, superior to the trad. scrambled. My mother and grandmother added milk, probably a wartime trick.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I too make mine in the microwave but add a tablespoon of water to the bowl after I crack and whisk the eggs. The water, I was led to believe, creates a steaming effect and results in a fluffier end result.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yes I always add a splash of milk to scrambled eggs, it goes further & a pinch of salt.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 03:19 PM

No milk. Just four beaten eggs poured into a smallish cold non-stick pan with a small knob of butter added. Turn on the heat and keep it on low. As the eggs begin to cook around the edges, give the eggs a stir with a plastic spatula, allow the eggs to firm up slightly before stirring again. Take the pan off the heat occasionally to slow down the cooking process. As the eggs begin to thicken, add one Dairylea type cheese triangle that's been cut into small pieces. Stir the cheese into the eggs and stir until it begins to melt. Remove from heat and continue stirring (the eggs will continue to cook) until the mix is nice and creamy - never overcook scrambled eggs.

The next part, you will probably find a bit strange and will damn me for it, but don't knock it until you have tried it.

Share the eggs between two slices of hot wholemeal toast on which Marmite has been spread instead of butter. Try it, I dare you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 03:41 PM

That sounds quite scrummy, Judsy.
I think I'll have to give that a try, but with just 2 or 3 eggs. I couldn't eat 4.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 03:43 PM

I always put a little bit in (less than I used to as I found it made the egg stick to the pan more).
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 04:04 PM

Yum! I like the sound of the Dairylea Judd! but I'm the latter of ''you either love it or hate it'' when it comes to Marmite.
(though I well remember having a cup of Bovril and enjoying it when I was very young) Is Bovril the same as Marmite?
I bet your version of scrambled eggs have a great unique flavour you love.

I have put a little grated mature cheddar into the scrambled egg while it was cooking when one of the grandchildren asked for cheesy scrambled eggs, but only about an ounce or so,just so she could see me putting it into the eggs and at the last moment before taking off the heat as I didn't know what the texture would be like. Dairylea would be much better next time I am asked. Love Dairylea on cold toasted wholemeal bread.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 04:43 PM

I always have three scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast. Three eggs, a splash of milk and a pinch of salt whisked with a fork in a Pyrex jug. Two minutes on full power in the microwave, stir then another minute and stir again, leave to stand for around a minute and Bob's your uncle, perfect eggs.... Simples and a doddle to wash up...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top