Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 06:08 PM

This Has Certainly Shocked Me!

Well! I am shocked. According to LIVINGMAXWELL, they have composed a list of a ‘’Dirty Dozen’’ fish that we should give a wide berth to. What surprised me before I read this article and had my eyes opened, was Fish from the Atlantic Ocean have been included.

I tend to eat a lot of Fish and this has really surprised me…..time for a rethink?

It is surprising that it shows up North America as rather wanting when it comes to standards concerning fish. Perhaps they should take a leaf out of the UK and Europe when it comes to food standards concerning Fish. (To our fellow US posters, please don’t take the above as an insult, it is only what I am reading. Do feel free to contradict me as I don't begin to know about USA health and safety standards, or even if this is scaremongering by the Organic crowd)

https://livingmaxwell.com/the-dirty-...-fish-to-avoid
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 07:52 PM

Re: This Has Certainly Shocked Me!

Chinese "river cobbler" is one I avoid like the plague. It was popular for a short time (about ten years ago?) here in the UK. Livingmaxwell call it Basa.

We have Farmed Salmon most weeks, just a tiny bit. The negatives are well documented, but the positives outweigh them ... according to the WHO & the NHS.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top