Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 03:33 PM

One Last Big Battle Between Leavers and Remainers.

OMG! I had to laugh when I read this below. It's the first I've heard about it. Apparently both sides are fighting to have their songs reach number ONE in the music charts by Brexit Day on Friday 31st Jan 2020.

It seems Remains Andre Rieu's rendition of "Ode to Joy" (wasn't that Hitler's favourite tune?) is presently in the lead at number 2 after jumping from number 48 to 24 to 2.

Leave are coming up fast though in one spot behind them with their own song ""A Million F... -Offs'' by the comedian Dominic Frisby.

Nail biting times!!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 03:36 PM

Re: One Last Big Battle Between Leavers and Remainers.

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-01-2020, 03:37 PM

Sorry, trying to get the link but it won't let me. Sabotage methinks!

It's headline in ''The New European''
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

OMG! I had to laugh when I read this below. It's the first I've heard about it. Apparently both sides are fighting to have their songs reach number ONE in the music charts by Brexit Day on Friday 31st Jan 2020.

It seems Remains Andre Rieu's rendition of "Ode to Joy" (wasn't that Hitler's favourite tune?) is presently in the lead at number 2 after jumping from number 48 to 24 to 2.

Leave are coming up fast though in one spot behind them with their own song ""A Million F... -Offs'' by the comedian Dominic Frisby.

Nail biting times!!

Hitler's favourite song was probably the horst wessel song.

That fool rieu played for a long time iin his concerts the song 'alte kameraden'. A jolly march that was played in the german concentration camps upon the event of prisoner hangings.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-01-2020, 03:48 PM

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-01-2020, 03:49 PM

Nope! won't have it, even though it shows IMG details, when I submit the article on OFF, it doesn't come up. So Sorry.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

Hitler's favourite song was probably the horst wessel song.

That fool rieu played for a long time iin his concerts the song 'alte kameraden'. A jolly march that was played in the german concentration camps upon the event of prisoner hangings.
Rieu is no fool. He is the only good thing to come out of Holland but for clogs and tulips.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Nope! won't have it, even though it shows IMG details, when I submit the article on OFF, it doesn't come up. So Sorry.
Is this it Shrops?

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...mentum__28475/
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Rieu is no fool. He is the only good thing to come out of Holland but for clogs and tulips.
Oops, you insult rieu. The netherlands consists of 12 provinces, two hollands (one north one south). Rieu is from limburg, considered a backwater. For centuries it was german. Rieu's dialect is almost synonymous with german, and his german is better than his english.
Timmermans (you know, commissioner EU) is another limburger.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Is this it Shrops?

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...mentum__28475/
...... or maybe this one?

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...week-1-6487860

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top