Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 02:12 PM

Yeah, Result!

I love my Prestige automatic electric kettle as it’s the only brand, l have found that doesn’t make the water taste funny when you boil it. Other brands l have found, give the boiled water, a chemical or metallic taste.

Yesterday and today, it wouldn’t automatically switch off and steam was coming out from the automatic switch.
They don’t do this kettle anymore and l was was sad that l’d have to get a different one.

Before l rushed out to buy a new one, I decided to look online for any tips to rectify the fault.
Luckily, there was. It stated, sometimes the tube that runs down to activate the automatic switch, gets furred up. I inspected my unplugged kettle and sure enough it had a thin layer of limescale around it. I removed this and now my kettle is working perfectly again.

Result! Hail the internet!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 03:14 PM

Re: Yeah, Result!

Well done art..
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 04:04 PM

That's saved you a few squid on a new kettle, Art.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Well done art..
Thanks, Primus. It was worth a try and l’m pleased it worked!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2020, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
That's saved you a few squid on a new kettle, Art.
Yes, Percy....at least 60 squid. I could have paid COD!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 05:06 PM

Oooo, that must be so satisfying, Artangel. Now you can sit back with a cup of tea and stare at your kettle, enjoying your accomplishment!

When things go awry around here, it's usually Youtube that comes to the rescue.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2020, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oooo, that must be so satisfying, Artangel. Now you can sit back with a cup of tea and stare at your kettle, enjoying your accomplishment!

When things go awry around here, it's usually Youtube that comes to the rescue.
Surfermom, I do service my Dyson upright vacuum cleaner after watching a video on YouTube.

In fact, after my recent electrical successes, l am considering taking in a bit of repair work!

Did you know, l’m a dabhand at fitting mop heads onto mop handles too?
I think you might remember the thread l started about it?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 05:49 PM

Thats so satisfying....I love it when I manage to fix things,

Well done Arty
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 06:08 PM

Nothing like keeping your spout clean for your water to run clear
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 07:07 PM

We found the trick is with electric kettles, to prevent that metallic taste, is to never use previously boiled water, empty the kettle and use fresh water each time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top