Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 04:37 PM

Re: Free! As EU Heads to Ignominy & Beyond.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Which is not far, as the negotiations are to start on 3 march. Provided boris has come to a settlement with spain on gibraltar. If not, the EU won't even bother to sit at the negotiating table. Not far, not good.

It is not a matter of this week. It was predicted a year ago: https://theconversation.com/gibralta...ks-fate-111581
Ooeer! we're quaking in our boots. I read over a week ago that the EU would back Spain if they go for Gibraltar.
I wonder how some of your Member states will feel about that with their own island claims?

If Spain tries anything more than dipping their toes in our territorial waters where they shouldn't, a couple of cannon balls from the Rock should do the trick, whilst we call up reinforcements from one of the best British armed forces in the world. Put all of Spain and every EU member state's forces together and they still wouldn't be on par.

NAH NAH NAH NAAAA NAH.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 04:43 PM

Hi

Solash, you should not underestimate our determination to Leave and make our own way.

Even the most financially cautious,like myself, are absolutely convinced that our decision to Leave was the correct one.

The Canada Trade Deal allows for some divergence, with any arguments being settled by an Arbitration System, not the ECJ.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 04:46 PM

An excellent speech by Boris. Here it is...

The speech begins at sixteen minutes so slide on to there.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Solash, you should not underestimate our determination to Leave and make our own way.

Even the most financially cautious,like myself, are absolutely convinced that our decision to Leave was the correct one.

The Canada Trade Deal allows for some divergence, with any arguments being settled by an Arbitration System, not the ECJ.
I don't underestimate that determination. But many underestimate, from ignorance, the problems arising. Of course you'll adept, in time.

Boris sure is ambitious, considering the ceta deal took 7 years to negotiate. As for it's contents, this seems a rather balanced evaluation.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45633592
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Ooeer! we're quaking in our boots. I read over a week ago that the EU would back Spain if they go for Gibraltar.
I wonder how some of your Member states will feel about that with their own island claims?

If Spain tries anything more than dipping their toes in our territorial waters where they shouldn't, a couple of cannon balls from the Rock should do the trick, whilst we call up reinforcements from one of the best British armed forces in the world. Put all of Spain and every EU member state's forces together and they still wouldn't be on par.

NAH NAH NAH NAAAA NAH.

Absolutely. Our armed forces have suffered serious cuts recently, but they are still the best.

I recall the brave Spanish trying their hand recently by sending one of their warships into Gibraltar's territorial waters, only to be chased away by nothing more than a small boat!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
An excellent speech by Boris. Here it is...

The speech begins at sixteen minutes so slide on to there.
One quote from the video on YouTube:

"I wish Americans were fans of free trade"

They will be. They need us in more ways than one. We are their 'unsinkable aircraft carrier', BMEWS facility and 'spy station' in Europe.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

NAH NAH NAH NAAAA NAH.

Spain has a veto on the trade deal with Gibraltar.

The problem spain has is that it will be ignored. It's going to be very embarrassing when the tail tries to wag the dog.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We are their 'unsinkable aircraft carrier', BMEWS facility and 'spy station' in Europe.
Is that why many in the EU don't mind the UK left?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

03-02-2020, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Spain has a veto on the trade deal with Gibraltar.

The problem spain has is that it will be ignored. It's going to be very embarrassing when the tail tries to wag the dog.
In the withdrawal agreement gibraltar was excluded and has it's own protocol. Any trade deal will exclude gibraltar, unless spain agrees. It's in the rules. If anything, the EU is rules based. So your statement is simply, wrong.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In the withdrawal agreement gibraltar was excluded and has it's own protocol. Any trade deal will exclude gibraltar, unless spain agrees. It's in the rules. If anything, the EU is rules based. So your statement is simply, wrong.

It's in the withdrawal agreement. Number 23 I think if I remember rightly.

Edit : try this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/english...outputType=amp

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top