Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 09:11 PM

Re: Another Great UK Moment in History

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
As you know, each member has it's own voice and vote, so that means 27 seats. Besides that the EU is a member, so if arithmatics don't fail me, that is a total of 28.
UK has one seat too, doesn't it?
The EU has one seat, the 27 sit at the back.

The 27 handed over their WTO participation to Germany who basically do everything in the interest of themselves.

One of the reasons the UK decided to leave, something you still don't understand. By the way, Mr Macron wants your country to fund Poland now the UK has taken its funding away. I take it that you are OK with that
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The EU has one seat, the 27 sit at the back.

The 27 handed over their WTO participation to Germany who basically do everything in the interest of themselves.

One of the reasons the UK decided to leave, something you still don't understand. By the way, Mr Macron wants your country to fund Poland now the UK has taken its funding away. I take it that you are OK with that
The EU has one seat, 163 individual countries each have a seat too. Didn't you understand that principle?

If the 27 (or do you mean 26?) handed over their participation to germany, then until today, so did the UK. Germany had you under their thumb? Interesting fact you tell me there!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The EU has one seat, 163 individual countries each have a seat too. Didn't you understand that principle?

If the 27 (or do you mean 26?) handed over their participation to germany, then until today, so did the UK. Germany had you under their thumb? Interesting fact you tell me there!

I've already said this

Read my posts properly
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I've already said this

Read my posts properly
The quality of your responses isn't increasing, you know.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 01:38 AM

From what I've read, anyone who doesn't like the EU will like the WTO even less. Seems very "incomplete" in its procedures and just as cumbersome. So I'm unclear on the celebration. At least with EU we didn't have to deal with this nonsense ourselves.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

06-02-2020, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
From what I've read, anyone who doesn't like the EU will like the WTO even less. Seems very "incomplete" in its procedures and just as cumbersome. So I'm unclear on the celebration. At least with EU we didn't have to deal with this nonsense ourselves.

That was the problem, Annie
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

06-02-2020, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Like this?

There are also a small number of other agreements, negotiated since the Marrakesh Agreement establishing the World Trade Organization, in which the United Kingdom has participated as a Member State of the European Union, but to which the United Kingdom was not party in its own right. These are: the Government Procurement Agreement (the ‘GPA’), the Protocol Amending the Marrakesh Agreement (the ‘Trade Facilitation Agreement’), the Protocol Amending the TRIPS Agreement (the ‘TRIPS Amendment’), the 2015 Protocol to the Agreement on Trade in Civil Aircraft, the Ministerial Declaration on Trade in Information Technology Products (‘ITA I’) and the Ministerial Declaration on the Expansion of Trade in Information Technology Products (‘ITA II’). For the duration of the transition period, the United Kingdom is treated as a Member State of the European Union for the purpose of these agreements and arrangements. Upon the expiry of the transition period, the United Kingdom will confirm its continued acceptance of these agreements and arrangements.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...al-from-the-eu

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top