Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 02:19 PM

Re: EU Civil War - Five EU Countries Rebelling!

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
And you see a relation between your people living under austerity and diminishing deficit, and the promises by boris which will increase borrowing and increase the deficit?.
Our economy is growing.

The EU economies are in decline.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Interesting article again from Emily Ferguson Daily Express.

EU BUDGET negotiations have kicked off in Brussels this week and talks have already become heated with five member states face crippling annual payments in order to foot the Brexit bill.

European member states will meet for a crucial plenary debate on the bloc’s long term budget today, having failed to reach an agreement after months of grueling negotiations. Countries are split on how the EU will cover the funding gap left by Britain’s departure from the bloc. Five countries are set to foot the majority of the bill, which will see their annual contributions almost DOUBLE!

Austria, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden could see their contributions to the EU’s long term budget, also known as the Multiannual Financial Framework, increase dramatically.

Under current proposals, Germany’s net contribution would rise from €16billion (£13.5billion) to €26billion (£22.8billlion) per year.

Contributions from the Netherlands would increase from €4.5billion (£3.8billion) to €8billion (£6.7billion), while Austria would see its contributions double to €2billion (£1.7billion).

Earlier this week European Council President Charles Michel met with EU negotiators to discuss their priorities for the budget that will determine spending from 2021-27, ahead of next week’s plenary on the matter.

So far EU states have been unable to agree on the size of the budget, the volumes of the main policy areas, the revenue sources and the possibility to add new conditions and incentives for the disbursement of EU funds.

But time is running out to reach an agreement, as the budget proposals need to be signed up by the European Parliament in time for it to start in January 2021.

Unquote

Ouch, that’s going to hurt! I wonder how all those “Oh so powerful coalition of countries” that agreed with the EU giving a kicking to the UK from day one with Cameron, are feeling now that the chickens have come home to roost!

I don’t wish more hardship on the 5 countries that are being taken to the cleaners due to us leaving, but they really should have thought of such as this happening when they sided against offering concessions to Britain which may well have prevented Brexit from ever happening. Certainly must be a case of ….If only….. and ….I wish I had…..

Unfortunately for the 5, that ship has already sailed. Their turn to get angry as they are held upside down, shaken and pockets turned inside out!

What do you think?
What about France? No increase for them then?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What about France? No increase for them then?
Their gdp is decreasing due to economic turmoil (the yellow jackets you are so glad about), and as the contribution is based on this gdp, their contribution will also decrease.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Our economy is growing.
If that were true, you wouldn't need to borrow. Here comes austerity again.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 02:43 PM

If that were true, you wouldn't need to borrow. Here comes austerity again.
Something else you don't understand ...

The list is long
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-02-2020, 06:38 PM

Something else you don't understand ...

Oh, it's just your way of admitting you're out of rational arguments. I don't hold your lack of capabilities against you.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-02-2020, 12:01 PM

Oh, it's just your way of admitting you're out of rational arguments. I don't hold your lack of capabilities against you.

No I just know how the world works. You have absolutely no idea about any of this. If it wasn't for google you wouldn't be on here.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

15-02-2020, 02:21 PM

No I just know how the world works. You have absolutely no idea about any of this. If it wasn't for google you wouldn't be on here.
In that I agree, in a google search on brexit this forum came up. And it said:
Welcome! Jump right in and start posting on the forums!

Which I did and the rest is history, so to say.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top