Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 11:22 PM

Re: Are we really Overpopulated?

I feel sure people would rather not choose to be gay .
Life’s is hard enough being heterosexual without add complications .
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I feel sure people would rather not choose to be gay .
Life’s is hard enough being heterosexual without add complications .
Excellent point !
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 05:20 AM

Such good points here. Twink and Morti, I appreciate your honest opinions. One of the things I really hadn't thought about is the demands of the postwar population that is sticking around much longer than previous generations. It is an interesting problem about generations like ours that remain on the planet for decades after we are no longer contributing to the planet beyond our consumerism, mostly from the health sector, and putting excessive demands on society.

OGF, I am following you, and was particularly interesting in your graph. It actually looks like good news to me. People are waiting longer to have children which means they can afford to raise and educate them, putting less pressure on the government for support. That said, I do understand the issues that come with a declining population over there.

It doesn't take large population studies to know that there are too many people, especially in certain high density locations, and we are already feeling the impact. To allow people to suffer like the Indian community mentioned, or accept the realities of possible famines and pandemics - when we know how we can encourage people to have smaller families with education and birth control leaves me scratching my head.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 11:50 AM

I used to think that over population would cease to be a problem, as we develop, because, eventually, in my thinking, we would have mastered the art of sending lots of people off to distant planets, where they could start all over.

More lately I have changed my thinking as I cannot see how we can cover such great distances - unless we freeze people for the trip. (see sci fi films!)

What never occurred to me before, however, but does now, is that we might be seen as unwanted immigrants, when we get there!

Anyway, I don't think that I'll be around to see it!

EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 11:52 AM

No real point in worrying about any overpopulation, world war three will sort that out. There have always been wars and there always will be wars.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
No real point in worrying about any overpopulation, world war three will sort that out. There have always been wars and there always will be wars.
But there might well be fields full of shot up Robots, instead of shot up soldiers!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I doubt that 'choice' has anything to do with it. Think about it. Why would any heterosexual man 'choose' to be gay. It's all about what 'turns us on sexually'. Both you and I have seen certain sexy women and we think to ourselves, "Oh, my God. She is fantastic". Have we ever had that same heart racing experience when looking at a young man ? No ! Of course not. Well, gay men have that kind of feeling when seeing some man who turns them on.
No, No a thousand times no bakerman.....If only it were that simple....
Your theory doesn't explain Bi sexual, tranies and the curious....
But this deserves a thread of it's own bakerman....

Just to visit the original topic, and just speaking for the UK, I don't think it's overpopulation of humans that is the major problem (although have you tried getting a doctors appointment recently?) it's overpopulation of the motor car...
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Just to visit the original topic, and just speaking for the UK, I don't think it's overpopulation of humans that is the major problem (although have you tried getting a doctors appointment recently?) it's overpopulation of the motor car...
No problem getting a doctors appointment in the U.S. I have to merely call up and I get an appointment for the following day.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 01:42 PM

That's because in the US the money meters start running the minute you ring up.
I can't complain. It varies in the UK.
I've just moved house and can usually get to see a doctor on the same day.
bakerman
Mexico

24-02-2020, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
That's because in the US the money meters start running the minute you ring up.
I can't complain. It varies in the UK.
I've just moved house and can usually get to see a doctor on the same day.
Money meters start running when you ring up ? Wrong ! Where did you ever get such an absurd idea ?

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top