Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 11:35 PM

Royal Wedding

Now that its all over, I must say I've been impressed by the whole coverage of the event by the BBC. I'm not that ardent a royalist, but could'nt fault the immaculate sense of history and pomp taking place at the Abbey. Both bride and groom looked splendid and happy, and all in all, it made you proud to be British. It makes you wonder, if we can get this just right, how the hell is the rest of our country in such a state.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 07:28 AM

Re: Royal Wedding

John matey, - there used to be a comedian (Freddy 'Parrot face' Davies) whose catch phrase was very apt - "I'm sick, sick, sick up to here with it".

The hype and the coverage of it all, the examination and post-mortem of the minutest detail was mind-numbingly boring. Pass me the sick bag!!!
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 09:34 AM

I agree with John I enjoyed the whole thing. I wonder if the detractors are doing so because they think it makes them look more macho?

Just a thought.
Oh look ! The Prince of Wales has just nicked his Aston Martin back ... How exciting
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 10:23 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Royal Wedding ....... and so did the billions of other people going by news reports.

I thought it was one of the best Royal Weddings I've seen - William and Kate, now modern day royals, more relaxed, less pompous, pageantry was excellent...... congratulations to the lovely couple!
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 12:54 PM

It was a lovely wedding, both bride and groom looked so happy, I agree it was the best Royal wedding so far. I wish them both well.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 12:59 PM

I didn't think I would watch much, just see what Kate's dress was like and that kiss. I found myself hooked and watched it on and off for most of the day, sang along to Jerusalem. They were genuinly happy and I enjoyed it all too.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 01:11 PM

I didn't sit glued to the TV yesterday, but I did catch some of the wedding and thought that William and Kate looked very relaxed and happy and I would think they will be happier together than his mother and father were. All in all I think it was a good "do" - just about right and I think it was great publicity for our country and its tourist industry. It looked as if security was very well concealed - when you think about it it must be quite brave and determined of them both to go out like that "apparently" unprotected in open carriages and cars. Good on them and good on our country - we live in a fine country and should be proud to be British.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 01:15 PM

My Wife had a great time watching it all Day, not a child in the house washed, see just kept looking in amazement, loves weddings she does. I'm glad it all went off well and I hope the couple will be happy together.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 01:49 PM

I woke up before 2:00 in the morning and watch the whole ceremony. I thought it was great. The alternative was watching the news on Libya, Afghanistan or the massive tornado damage this past week in the United States. I have relatives in both the Midwest & South. All survived unscathed. Watching something lovely such as the wedding was an escape from reality. I enjoyed it.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I didn't sit glued to the TV yesterday, but I did catch some of the wedding and thought that William and Kate looked very relaxed and happy and I would think they will be happier together than his mother and father were. All in all I think it was a good "do" - just about right and I think it was great publicity for our country and its tourist industry. It looked as if security was very well concealed - when you think about it it must be quite brave and determined of them both to go out like that "apparently" unprotected in open carriages and cars. Good on them and good on our country - we live in a fine country and should be proud to be British.
I agree with everything, the surprise of William when he saw all the people was heart bursting. I was so impressed when I heard that all the trees and plants used will be replanted and I cried to see the lovely lilly of the valley being used for I do love them so.

I wish them all the joy and happiness in the world. I have a feeling this one will last.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top