Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

14-06-2013, 03:38 AM

Re: A&E In Crisis

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
My last 2 visits to the doctors have been referred to a consultant.
Just like to say, people who arrive under blue lights don't go into triage, they are seen immediately.
are you speaking about your town, your county or your country?? - just wondering?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
are you speaking about your town, your county or your country?? - just wondering?
I suppose it is our town which is more efficient than most, but they are always saying it isn't doing well.
mindbender
mindbender is male 

14-06-2013, 08:01 AM

I suppose it is our town which is more efficient than most, but they are always saying it isn't doing well.
have you got any NHS evidence that it is better than most or are you just making wild assumptions?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 08:20 AM

My last 2 visits to the doctors have been referred to a consultant.
Just like to say, people who arrive under blue lights don't go into triage, they are seen immediately.
LOL in what universe ? Arriving anyway round here you are still triaged and often ambulance cases wait just as long as someone arriving by bus.

Last time I arrived by ambulance with lights aflashing I didn't see a doctor for nearly 3 hours, and until I went to a cubicle the ambulance staff had to stay with me to keep me stable, nurses chatting at the desk didn't even blink and eye when the ambulance paramedic was injecting me with adrenaline to keep my heart going.
mindbender
mindbender is male 

14-06-2013, 08:26 AM

so we cannot rely on wrinkly solely as a source of accurate information about the NATIONAL Health Service ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
LOL in what universe ? Arriving anyway round here you are still triaged and often ambulance cases wait just as long as someone arriving by bus.

Last time I arrived by ambulance with lights aflashing I didn't see a doctor for nearly 3 hours, and until I went to a cubicle the ambulance staff had to stay with me to keep me stable, nurses chatting at the desk didn't even blink and eye when the ambulance paramedic was injecting me with adrenaline to keep my heart going.
What a bad experience, it's a pity statistics and performance tables can't reflect such individual experiences.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 08:52 AM

We don't have a national health service anymore it's a lottery, wrinkly is posting about where he is in the country and I am posting about where I am, and sadly I know other areas that are far worse than mine.
mindbender
mindbender is male 

14-06-2013, 08:57 AM

We don't have a national health service anymore it's a lottery, wrinkly is posting about where he is in the country and I am posting about where I am, and sadly I know other areas that are far worse than mine.
OMG and I promise I left it in good working order back in the 70's!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
have you got any NHS evidence that it is better than most or are you just making wild assumptions?
Not just me Davo, everybody I talk to in my voluntary job tell me the same, some do complain about the wait at the A&E, but as I explained earlier that emergencies are seen immediately.
When I went through resus 2010, I went straight in, this causes a build up at triage, because I there is build up due to emergencies.
Doctors can't be in two places at the same time.
We live at the junction of 2 motorways, and this doesn't help with regular daily accidents, in my opinion the M62 is as busy as the M5, this doesn't help.
I have said before I have spent 3 months in this hospital, but I have been in 2 others as well, and never had one complaint
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 10:57 AM

That's dreadful Julie. Somehow, with all the reshuffling of the NHS over the past two decades, something has gone horribly wrong.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top