Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 03:39 PM

"Lets Get It On!!"

The Royal Caribbean TV Commercial really gets on my bits!
Do you have an ad that drives you bonkers? Or do you have one you really do like?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 04:08 PM

Re: "Lets Get It On!!"

1. Ads for Bingo. How comes that everyone is always happy because they win all the time. No they don't - they lose money and in a time of austerity, suggesting that you can gamble your way to happiness is verging on criminal!

2. Carol Vorderman. Is there nothing she won't advertise? Earthquake pills, Meteor tablets, megafitness capsules,snake oil- I almost forgot the 'concolidation' loans. She must be raking it in!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 04:23 PM

I despise any ads for claiming back PPI, or personal injury claims, especially when their fees are double the claimants compo, they're you bestist buddy, like heck.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 04:30 PM

"No they don't - they lose money and in a time of austerity, suggesting that you can gamble your way to happiness is verging on criminal." Quote Grumblewagon.

I'm afraid that's very true George, the bookies always do better business in bad times, I see it all the time, some people do think they can gamble their way out of debt, it's silly.

"She is frantic 118" all the 118's make me frantic.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 04:39 PM

All good replies folks, thanks ,but I cant blame our Carol for the wide variety of stuff she advertises. Make the money while you can Carol..nothing lasts forever! Oh and I love the Meerkat ads but even those are starting to wear a bit thin now as we have five of the bloomin' things in our bedroom!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 04:48 PM

I love the 'Viking River cruises' adverts - one of my pet ambitions - to do the Danube cruise down to Vienna and Budapest.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-03-2014, 05:02 PM

Sounds great Joe, I hope its one ambition you manage to fulfil. Keep saving mate! Love that ad too. So mellow and stress busting.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 05:32 PM

My favourites are the meerkat adverts - they always make me chuckle.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 05:38 PM

Geoff, re. the Viking river cruises - many years ago we lived in Mainz and recognise the clips of the Rhine round Kaub. We were down that way last December , had a look at some of the cruise boats moored in Frankfurt and got a brochure for the cruises.

Of course, when they say "prices from £399" - that means the cheapest cruise for 1 person sharing a basic cabin. In reality, for a good cabin on a popular cruise, you're talking at least twice that. Still, it compares well with full board in a good hotel, so I think it would be a very nice holiday.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
My favourites are the meerkat adverts - they always make me chuckle.

Ooh yes Alan, they're really good aren't they. I love the family of Meerkats who introduce Corrie, especially the new baby one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top