Join for free
Page 82 of 505 « First < 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 01:25 AM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Is there no other news going on?

I'm about as sick of hearing about it as I was with Megxit and Brexit.

Just use common sense for heaven's sake!

Every time I hear the C word I change channels:
If you don't like to read about covid-19 , then don't open this thread. Simple, really.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 01:31 AM

I don't think Tessa was talking about the thread Bakerman. We are fully immersed in Covid news here. I think al Jazeera is the only news channel not reporting on it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 05:34 AM

The numbers get slightly bigger but its not the end of the world yet.

Australia
Cases 39
Recovered 21
Deaths 1
Critical 1

U.K.

Cases 51
Recovered 8

USA
Cases 124
Recovered 9
Critical 7
Deaths 9

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 08:43 AM

Corporations and gov't dept's and conventions have begun to close. Schools across the nation are discussing whether or not to close down.
I'm beginning to wonder if this virus is a much worse danger than we are lead to believe. Frankly, I'm a bit scared.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Corporations and gov't dept's and conventions have begun to close. Schools across the nation are discussing whether or not to close down.
I'm beginning to wonder if this virus is a much worse danger than we are lead to believe. Frankly, I'm a bit scared.
Absolutely! It's not only the virus we need to be concerned about. Keep a close eye on government dictates, what's being discussed in the house, political news and smallprint..........it's an ideal opportunity to pass some unacceptable law with minimum public coverage.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't think Tessa was talking about the thread Bakerman. We are fully immersed in Covid news here. I think al Jazeera is the only news channel not reporting on it.
Thank you Annie!
It was an observation that our news channels seem to get obsessed by one story, other important events and issues get ignored.

I tend to watch Euronews which covers items from all over the World, much more interesting.

I wonder if our focus is being drawn away from what else is happening sometimes.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Absolutely! It's not only the virus we need to be concerned about. Keep a close eye on government dictates, what's being discussed in the house, political news and smallprint..........it's an ideal opportunity to pass some unacceptable law with minimum public coverage.
Yep! Like the Russian interference report for instance
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:19 AM

We are really in the crap now, what with the run on toilet paper
and the growth in electronic news papers what can we wipe our
arses on now???

Donkeyman!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:24 AM

The ABC 7.30 Report did a special program this evening on the Corona Virus.

It raised several issues, in some people the symptoms are few or almost non existent so it can be spread easily in a population before serious cases, mainly in the elderly, are obvious. Apparently it has already killed more people in 7 weeks than Ebola killed in 2 years and despite what someone said earlier in this thread Covid19 is actually ten times as deadly as the ordinary flu even if the case death rate is about 1 or 2% as they believe.

Evidently it is more contagious than swine flu, SARS or MERS which had a higher fatality rates but which were not very transmittable between humans.

https://www.abc.net.au/7.30/coronavi...ecial/12026872

... and if you think only China has draconian powers to detain, arrest and isolate people read the Biosecurity Act 2015 and weep.

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2017C00303
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
We are really in the crap now, what with the run on toilet paper
and the growth in electronic news papers what can we wipe our
arses on now???

Donkeyman!
We still get plenty of junk mail through the letterbox!

Page 82 of 505 « First < 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top