Join for free
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 02:22 PM

Re: Womens' Right to Choose

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Which is exactly what will happen. Why some people believe that women will go ahead and have children they don't want just because abortion is made illegal, beats me. Women have never gone along with it if they could get rid of it.
Previously when it was illegal the idea of a woman having a child out of wedlock was shocking, now it's almost encouraged. The stigma drove many to the back streets we just don't have that anymore.

I am not suggesting some may but it won't be the carnage you predict.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Which is exactly what will happen. Why some people believe that women will go ahead and have children they don't want just because abortion is made illegal, beats me. Women have never gone along with it if they could get rid of it.
There's a saying. Legalized abortion does cause more abortions, it stops death from abortion. Women will always do what they feel they have to do. Why force them into back alleys and into the hands of butchers? I agree with limiting abortion to the first trimester unless it is learned that the baby will not survive birth or that the mother's life is in danger. I think by the time you are 3 months pregnant you should know if you want to carry and raise that child.

A woman's right to choose abortion is protected by her right to privacy. Here in the states our constitution gives everyone the right to privacy in the 4th amendment. Of course the fetus has never been granted the same rights as a born person.. so the fetus does not have the right to life according to the law. However a push has been made to grant the fetus "personhood" with the same rights as any born person. If that happens, then the fetuses right to life will trump the right to privacy and abortion will be murder.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 02:46 PM

There are a lot of myths about the failure of a vasectomy, most failures are caused by men not getting tested before time.
A failure is very rare indeed, I have a link here which will give you some ideas as to why there is that failure :---- See Here
My wife took the view that if we had found we had that failure, we would have accepted the child with the same love we gave our others.
Let me tell you about my friends son, Geoffrey, he was about 14 when I first met him, he could only stare at the ceiling and blow raspberries.
He was carried everywhere by his mum and dad, wherever and whatever was needed, he had a life that most of us would say shouldn't have happened, but believe it or not he was very happy, I never once heard that boy cry or moan in the 3 years I knew him.
His parents had come to terms with the situation and as I say really loved him, not doing it out of a sense of duty but from love.
Geoffrey always knew when I cam to the door, which was more than once a day, he would blow a raspberry in a form of salutation and I would return the raspberry and say hello, he would smile and I used to give his little frail hand a gentle squeeze and he knew I loved him.
One day I asked my friend to bring Geoffrey to our home, he hadn't been out in years because it was very difficult and folks just found it upsetting, Geoffrey enjoyed his outing, not long after that sadly Geoffrey died at the age of 18, his family were devastated, his two younger sisters were broken hearted and they all missed him dearly, as I did I am glad that I met him and his parents, it opened my eyes and gave me a better outlook on life, he deserved that love and life he had, be it a rather hard life, I wouldn't wish to begrudge him that.
Someone broached on the subject of incest, but once again I say once there is life, the birth should go ahead and hope and pray the child turns out fine, and finds someone to love it.
I know some won't agree with my views, but I value life, I value my 3 children and the two we lost before birth, they have all been loved, sadly my girls haven't been able to have children and would dearly have loved them, but it wasn't to be, but we have 2 fine grandchildren from my son.
I take exactly the same view on euthanasia, life is precious, and should be cherished!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 02:52 PM

Having a disabled child takes a very special sort of parent, our little Grace has had problems I am in awe of my niece coping with them. I know if I had a very disabled child I wouldn't cope which was why we eventually stopped trying for a baby.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 03:03 PM

Wrinkly.... that is a very lovely story, and the parents of Geoffrey should be commended... However, not everyone has the same level of coping. Not everyone can deal with a disabled child. I don't think we should force people to do so either. I feel it brings the life of the woman faced with that down to the level of simply being an incubator, with no regard for her or her body. Why cannot women be trusted to know what is right for them?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 10:40 AM

I must add that a lot of folks of our generation, were born out of wedlock, that could have meant a lot of famous folks and probably someone very dear to you would not be here today, if abortion had been legal in their day.
In my opinion abortion is not needed if folks take precautions.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 11:08 AM

I must be bloody stupid because I just don't get it when women say 'it's my body'.
It is not their body they are murdering. It's a new life they are killing off and making weird excuses for it. Some even justify it by saying 'we can't afford to bring up a child right now' so they just do away with it. I've never even thought for one second whether it was an option to knock off one of my sons before they were born.

That's my rant done. Back to what's for dinner everyone.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I must be bloody stupid because I just don't get it when women say 'it's my body'.
It is not their body they are murdering. It's a new life they are killing off and making weird excuses for it. Some even justify it by saying 'we can't afford to bring up a child right now' so they just do away with it. I've never even thought for one second whether it was an option to knock off one of my sons before they were born.

That's my rant done. Back to what's for dinner everyone.

It would seem that you've been influenced by the Catholic church on this issue matey. Some of us take a much more enlightened view and DO believe it is the women's right to choose whether she wants an abortion or not.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
It would seem that you've been influenced by the Catholic church on this issue matey. Some of us take a much more enlightened view and DO believe it is the women's right to choose whether she wants an abortion or not.
It may seem that way to you, matey. I can reassure you that I have never been influenced by the catholic church or any other church for that matter. What I have said was purely and 100% my own opinion on the issue. Of course I realise when you say that you and others are more 'enlightened' you mean that I am still in the dark ages and need to be enlightened too.
I'm not talking about a woman's right to choose whether to kill or not. I'm saying I don't agree with killing unborn life. Please don't reply to this post. I'm not interested in your opinion on the matter.

BTW, my name is not and never has been 'Matey'
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

29-08-2013, 12:03 PM

It always seem odd to me religion is blamed for how people feel about abortion, I was far more against it as an atheist than I am now I am a Christian because at least now I have Faith the poor souls will be looked after in heaven whereas before I thought it just a sad loss of life.

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top