Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 07:33 PM

Re: Talcum powder warning

patsy u are so right - and i believe there is a link with women and deoderants.mainly the spray ones ,the roll on ones iam not to sure of..?.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 07:37 PM

I still sprinkle a little talc under my arms and if I get a sweat rash in other places underneath[you ladies know where I mean]so am not going to stop .Can"t think of anything else to help TBH, eases chaffing.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 10:07 PM

There was a time when deodorants and talc were not popular, and there were never unpleasant smells around that needed masking, mainly because food and clothes were not impregnated with chemicals. Today , Soap powder and Shampoo is full of chemicals.
People used to wash with Knights a Castille Soap and the men used Coal Tar or Carbolic Soap, and and Potpourri was used for perfuming drawers and the home
As for ‘plashing it all over’ real men did not want to smell like a ‘ponce’ especially ‘Up North’.

You can now buy natural perfume and sprays without any added chemicals.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I still sprinkle a little talc under my arms and if I get a sweat rash in other places underneath[you ladies know where I mean]so am not going to stop .Can"t think of anything else to help TBH, eases chaffing.
Apricot, try Sudocrem. I never used talc on my daughter, thankfully. Silly really, but I used to think I was a bad mum cos I didn't use it. (I know, how stupid am I).
Anyway she used to suffer terribly with nappy rash - Sudocrem was great for that.
I use it when I get urticaria around that area. My rash appears after I've eaten wheat. Very sore it can be, but Sudocrem really helps.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 10:47 PM

Thanks Pesta , for the tip, I will try it .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 11:45 PM

They can't ban talc, what on earth am I going to apply to my delicate moving bits?
Been using talc longer than I've been shaving and there's nowt wrong with me.
I don't ever use a deoderant though, sweating is a natural phenomena and should not be interfered with.

But there are so many evil chemicals and air fresheners on the market these days I think talc is the least of our worries.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
They can't ban talc, what on earth am I going to apply to my delicate moving bits?
Been using talc longer than I've been shaving and there's nowt wrong with me.

I don't ever use a deoderant though, sweating is a natural phenomena and should not be interfered with.

But there are so many evil chemicals and air fresheners on the market these days I think talc is the least of our worries.

You won't say that when they drop off OGF.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
... I don't ever use a deoderant .......
After all that running, how's your love-life ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
There was a time when deodorants and talc were not popular, and there were never unpleasant smells around that needed masking, mainly because food and clothes were not impregnated with chemicals. Today , Soap powder and Shampoo is full of chemicals.
People used to wash with Knights a Castille Soap and the men used Coal Tar or Carbolic Soap, and and Potpourri was used for perfuming drawers and the home
As for ‘plashing it all over’ real men did not want to smell like a ‘ponce’ especially ‘Up North’.

You can now buy natural perfume and sprays without any added chemicals.
I dont think so Azure people probably smelt more but houses were so dammed cold people didnt sweat as much.

BTW Mr Mud still uses Wrights Coal Tar I love the smell.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
BTW Mr Mud still uses Wrights Coal Tar I love the smell.
OMG !
The very thought that we might agree about something is ..... frightening.

A dermatologist recommended Wrights Coal Tar soap to me thirty years ago (can't remember why) -
and I have been using it exclusively ever since.
As well as Coal Tar shampoo and conditioner
(with so little hair, a bottle of the latter lasts a very long time.

Turn off the lights and give us a a kiss, Muddy ..............
You'll think it's your boss (only better - and wiser)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top