Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:41 AM

Re: Why did you join a forum?

I joined the forum to find new cyber friends. I lost my wife almost eleven years ago and find life very lonely. I have four children who all live within a few miles of me but I very rarely hear from or see any of them. I have four great grand children who are all in their teens and I have never seen.
I have only ever left one forum because I was being pestered by lonely females looking for a partner. I am not looking for romance. I have a hard enough job looking for my socks when I get out of bed each morning let alone romance.
As for the 'games' I very rarely take part but love reading some of the posts on them and find most very amusing. Keep them going.!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:43 AM

Like some other members I wandered into Saga by accident and enjoyed the topics and banter. When it closed I bummed around a few other forums but found they lacked sincerity and I never really got my feet under the table of any of them.

I did a stint on FB but it was a job keeping up with the many friends and friends of friends, so shielding my eyes from the bright sunshine outside I left the site and stepped into the world so sadly neglected since discovering social media sites.

Being retired and a 'Billy no Mates' I missed talking to folk (Mrs Fox has heard all of my jokes and adventures) so checked out a couple of over fifties forums. This one felt like a comfortable pair of slippers with real caring and interesting people.

If this site ever closes I will join a monastery and never speak to anyone ever again....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 10:49 AM

Hi

Boredom and loneliness.

I have made some lovely friends on here, met some, phoned some, email with some.

All lovely people and it makes life so much better.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 11:02 AM

I could not find a backum to join.😁
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 11:56 AM

I joined this forum - My first one ever - For very simple reasons. I have a close and happy family but have lost touch with many of my old friends. I just wanted to meet some people and get involved in some good chats with some nice people. No ulterior motives or hidden agendas. Not looking to "hook up" with anybody. THat's it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 12:19 PM

I was on FR for a couple of years, then it changed, badly!
I tried a few forums but found they were either cliquey or hard to work out.

I landed here and the rest is history.

Sometimes it gets a bit much, so I have a rant or a rest but on the whole it's comfy!

You're stuck with me, sorry!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 12:35 PM

Originally I joined a forum as I worked 'silly hours' so difficult to have much of any kind of regular social life. Then I became self-employed and later semi-retired, same old problem. Next followed moving home and full retirement. Life in a new place again meant not much of a regular social life.

Life on forums (or should that be fora?) seems to have been much of a 'saga', if you will forgive the pun. First there was Friends Reunited, a learning curve. Next came Saga, then as an ex-Saga member after that forum closed controversially, another 'saga', there was my Next Circle (mNC). That closed rather abruptly and restarted, sort of, on Facebook but not really a 'proper' interactive forum.

Now today, here we are and it's Over50sForum. Smaller than some of the previous ones it seems, quite friendly and welcoming though. Lots of members but many who seem not to have posted beyond joining.

Some on here may remember me from those previous forums, OldGreyFox for instance, others may not but I do recognise some of their avatars from the 'old days'. Hopefully as I post more I will get to 'know' other members as I have on those previous forums.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Like some other members I wandered into Saga by accident and enjoyed the topics and banter. When it closed I bummed around a few other forums but found they lacked sincerity and I never really got my feet under the table of any of them.

I did a stint on FB but it was a job keeping up with the many friends and friends of friends, so shielding my eyes from the bright sunshine outside I left the site and stepped into the world so sadly neglected since discovering social media sites.

Being retired and a 'Billy no Mates' I missed talking to folk (Mrs Fox has heard all of my jokes and adventures) so checked out a couple of over fifties forums. This one felt like a comfortable pair of slippers with real caring and interesting people.

If this site ever closes I will join a monastery and never speak to anyone ever again....
Foxy, just let us know which monastery, and we can all join you there.
Well, if any of the monks are attractive, some of the ladies may want to check if they are keeping their rooms tidy!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 01:02 PM

I started on the Age Concern site just after I lost my wife but after a few years on there and making many friends (some of whom I'm still in contact with) the site became contaminated by trolls infesting each thread and making it impossible for people to post any more.

I then joined A N Other site (which I still post on very occasionally) but chose to leave when the moderation of the site by two mods in particular became too draconian - you couldn't pass any comment that they considered too controversial or use any (very) mild swear words.

I was invited here by a good friend from Cheshire, A Lancastrian I grant you, but a friend nevertheless. The mods on here are so much better and are more tolerant of minor misdemeanour's and only clamp down when necessary as should be the case. It's a friendly place by and large so do most of my posting here. Besides, I'm a hairs-breadth away from victory on the LTP thread and there's no way I'm leaving until victory or death is mine.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I started on the Age Concern site just after I lost my wife but after a few years on there and making many friends (some of whom I'm still in contact with) the site became contaminated by trolls infesting each thread and making it impossible for people to post any more.

I then joined A N Other site (which I still post on very occasionally) but chose to leave when the moderation of the site by two mods in particular became too draconian - you couldn't pass any comment that they considered too controversial or use any (very) mild swear words.

I was invited here by a good friend from Cheshire, A Lancastrian I grant you, but a friend nevertheless. The mods on here are so much better and are more tolerant of minor misdemeanour's and only clamp down when necessary as should be the case. It's a friendly place by and large so do most of my posting here. Besides, I'm a hairs-breadth away from victory on the LTP thread and there's no way I'm leaving until victory or death is mine.

What nonsense you talk for an intelligent man Judsy.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top